Main Menu

The campaign to make Stickleback a multi-book saga begins here

Started by moonbeam, 12 February, 2007, 09:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbeam

Assuming it isn't (just a guess of course)... I hope Tharg and the Stickleback creator droids reconsider.

I'd love to see it have an extended run - be a multi-book saga - rather than a one-off story.

The Amstor Computer

If you read D'Israeli's blog, you'll see that both he & Edginton would apparently like to continue with the characters & settings beyond this series.

Dark Jimbo

It's clearly intended to be one, by virtue of the fact that this story really isn't about Stickleback - it's about the City Fathers and the fight against them. We've still not been properly introduced (or in some cases, at all) to Stickleback's gang, we don't know their origins... in short, there's leagues of untold potential yet to be tapped, where Bey and Stickleback cross swords again and again across London, involving a variety of schemes and characters.*

*Probably developing a grudging respect for one another along the way. :-)
@jamesfeistdraws

DavidXBrunt

Dudley

TordelBack

Write to Tharg and tell him your opinions.  Just like Santa, that guy (see Prog 2007 cover for confirmation).  Why, he even reprinted Firekind because I asked him to repeatedly for five years (at least that's what I believe to be the case).  It was even in the right order.  

Seeing as Stickleback is the best new thing to appear in the Prog since Caballistics, I'm sure there's a good chance that he'll commission more if we all ask nicely.  Mr. Brooker certainly seems to have enjoyed himself darwing it.  After all, he paid for three series of Synammon...

DavidXBrunt

Subtitle = We hope this runs to more than one book. So, yeah, like Witchworld. I'd be more inclined to worry that Sticklebrick was a one off if there weren't a subtitle.

Trout

Hooray for...
Stih...
Cull...
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

I like it a lot.

- Trout

Lord Running Clam

Yeah, IĆ¢??d love to see more of Stickleback.

It really seems to capture the old pulp feel brilliantly, invoking Stuff like The Spider & Fu-Manchu.

Rex Banner

Gets the cover spot on 1525. Great art from D'israeli as usual.

Carlsborg Expert

There is an insight to his technique I found on this board and a lot of what he goes through to get the end result (Mr D'Isreali).