Main Menu

Round 1: 9 - Kek-W or Steve Moore - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 June, 2020, 06:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

AlexF

Kek-W. Moore may have written some of my fave ever one-offs, but Kek-W is a wonder of weirdness.

Colin YNWA

If your still to vote this one could turn around on the final day, but vote now as voting will close tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

sintec

I, Cosh

Really don't know which way to go here: Second City Blues or Bison?

Moore's main work for Tharg was done either before I was a reader or during my lapse so I don't have any special affection for his work. However, I do admire his commitment to ensuring nobody ever won in Telguuth.

With the notable exception of The Order, which is the perfect example of the sort of breakneck action-packed strip readers claim to want, W's best work has been cleaning up Mark Millar's messes. His Indigo Prime isn't as good as his Grudge Father.

Winner: Steve Moore.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but feel free to add votes and comments but the call is made.

Well lots of interesting varied opinion here, but at the end one writer took and lead and steadily maintained that lead and kept it in an orderly fashion to the line, into Round 2 goes

Kek-W