Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Lovely Marshall page. His art is still surprisingly cheap!

Eamonn Clarke

Considering what I've paid recently for some other pieces he is really cheap and bought directly from the artist himself on eBay

Simon Beigh

Bit of a head scratcher as to why Marshall is so cheap. I've a number of his pages, and had I been paying what we might call more 'normal' prices, I'd never have been able to afford the amass the collection I have!

Lovely bloke to boot as well - one of the nicest guys in comics...

Simon Beigh

Another Leigh Gallagher Day of Chaos page to add to my collection... The assassination of the traitor Wile...

Spikes

A quality Gallagher DoC page there, SB! I had forgotten that you had this page, it stems from when we was both umming and ahhing on what pages to pick from Leigh's blog, iirc?

And that Frazer is all kind of lovely. A disturbing tale, but so beautifully drawn. Great snag!

Yeah, Mr Marshall's art doesn't command big bucks, though a good few fetched a decent-ish price over on eBay. I was happy to snag one of those, and glad to deal with Paul directly.

Spikes

So, I had 'incoming', now it can be classed as 'landed'.

Borisenko regrets going to that Manfred Mann's Earth Band concert, in his youth..

And this guy picked 'Haldane' as his cover-name, because 'Sov sleeper agent' wouldn't fit on the badge - and would also give the game away, as well..

Simon Beigh

Great pages, fella... Top notch work.

hippynumber1

Ron Turner - 'The Solar Sniper'

Skullmo

Lovely!!

You are on an art high!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Love the lettering on this page, as well as the fab art!

Simon Beigh

Just had a nice little parcel drop today - some more goodness from Mr Henry Flint. This is from the Day of Chaos Fourth Faction. What I particularly like about this page is that Henry has penned the writing on the note - not left it to the Letterer. Also, Dredd is healing after being attacked by Sov agent, Nadia, who stuck a knife in his throat. I have the page where he is attacked (penned by Ben Willsher) so it's nice to have a sort-of before and after!

I have some other pages which I shall put on CAF when I get the time...

Geoff

What a cracking page! Certainty and confidence, earned by experience, just oozing from Dredd there...you'd have to be a fool not to take his advice...

Link Prime

I'm a huge fan of Flint, and this thread has been a treat recently.
Love them.

everdefiant

Does anyone remember a man called Glen Fabry. Always enjoyed his work, especially his work involving SLAINE.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.