Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Link Prime, 02 June, 2015, 04:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Back to game after 5 days break, I was out of Vault 111 last time I played. So 3 hours later, enjoy the game. found two power armour suits (both got no right leg!!), Fat Boy (thanks to Dogmeat!) and mini nuke. Not bad for starter!

I do do do hate Super Mutants!

ThryllSeekyr

I found Big-Boy (Must be a twin!) while the dog was back home.  Not sure where Codsworth was, but I had to throw two to three Molotov-Cocktails at some raider wearing power-armour (As apposed to the larger suit, otherwise can't really explain the difference between the two and this is what confused me when I stripped him could use the armour without a suit????) somewhere in ??????

ThryllSeekyr

Goaty

Devons Daddy

FALLOUT 4
based on everything i have read, my eldest son will be receiving this for Christmas,
Xbox1 version,

looks a little above my console skills and certainly will never complete it appears, it was not on his AAA list, but I have never been led astray by the hive mind,
he can have it as a bonus, SO I CAN DIP INTO IT :)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Goaty

Last night I found dog helmet and armour for Dogmeat.

Professor Bear

The settlement building element is like a post-apocalyptic Minecraft, and I have spent a stupid amount of time building Sanctuary Hills into a highly-populated market town with high-rise buildings built from scratch that can be seen for miles - especially with the lights on at night.
Eventually I was only venturing into the wasteland to find materials to build new housing and resources, and to level up so I could unlock stores in the build menu.  You don't even have to get into any fights to level up if you stay well-rested - you get plenty of XP for building or upgrading things, and you can even have your settlers scavenge for materials for you.

A couple of initial niggles have become less important within the overall gaming experience and I'm absolutely loving this, now.

ThryllSeekyr

How many hours have you spent playing this.

I' must be about 50 hours in and still on my way to Diamond City following Doctor Good-Feels after altering it's programing.

James Stacey

Ive got a friend who still hasn't been to Diamond City after 40 odd hours of playing. I went there quite quickly, am I alone in this. (its totally worth it to run the Diamond City Radio quest so the DJ is less massively annoying)

Satanist

Quote from: James Stacey on 19 November, 2015, 01:22:16 PM
Ive got a friend who still hasn't been to Diamond City after 40 odd hours of playing. I went there quite quickly, am I alone in this. (its totally worth it to run the Diamond City Radio quest so the DJ is less massively annoying)

After 21 hours that's where I am and I just picked up that quest last night.

I also scrapped my flare gun by accident which there's apparently only one of in the entire game :(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

I have the laser now and only used the thing repeatably around Waldon Pond while trying to take out a giant bug and it's brood or swarm and swapped it for my regular armament until find I out exactly how scarce fuel cells are.

Didn't remember how lethal it was since I found fighting on the intersection out side the museum of Concord after the Minute-Man on the balcony left a few reminders.

AS I approached some lone raider or probably another guy like camped out on the remains of abandoned building somewhere near some railroad tracks on my way to Lextington.

It wasn't until He got and turned around at my approached that immediately shot him at point blank range. He glowed red, then orange with flames before the transition to pile of smoking red tinged dust.

Link Prime

40 ish hours in, and loving every second of it.
I've just finished the first Valentine quest, and kinda don't want to go any further on the main storyline just yet- this game has to be savoured.

On a negative note; I've ignored my partner, ignored my friends and given up exercise!
Jeebus, I've even ignored this forum!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 November, 2015, 11:30:23 AM
How many hours have you spent playing this.

I' must be about 50 hours in and still on my way to Diamond City following Doctor Good-Feels after altering it's programing.

Good-Feels Scares the F%#K Out of me

Dr-Good-Feels Spouts the Worst Hippy Speak

You all gotta try that!

Professor Bear

Finished the main questline in a manner that I presumed to be consistent with my character and their motivations.  It all went a bit [spoiler]Masters of Time[/spoiler] and ended on a bummer, and afterwards I stored most of my shit, parked the power armor in a shed and then went a-wandering like him off Kung Fu without even realising I was playing as if the character had PTSD - I think it only twigged when I found myself building a twenty feet fucking high concrete wall around my main settlement to keep everyone safe (use the concrete shack floor blocks and stack them on top of each other).

I do wish they'd stop spouting that "war never changes" shit, as it's essentially meaningless now - especially so in this outing.  Apart from that, beautiful game.

ThryllSeekyr

I noticed in somebodies else's video that building anything more than one wall or block high doesn't look natural because  there is always a slight gap when building anything vertically.

Still True or has this been patched?