Main Menu

publicly shame yourself

Started by CheechFU, 28 August, 2014, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheechFU

pc gaming is very different to console gaming, generally we pay less for our games and subscription fees are something that happen to mmorpg players which means we have a more money to spend on more game which we spend on cheaper games which leave us more money to spend on more games.
Plus we aren't peasants which mean we can afford more games, we donate to charity, are kinder to animals, better in bed and are generally fitter and more attractive to the opposite sex due to our philanthropy and generally more impressive sexual organs.
Our inherent richness, materially, spiritually and physically, and the awesome gamification of buying games means we end up owning lots of games because you just gotta catch them all. This leaves us with a pile of shame, the steam library of sadness.

* *Worth:* $3229.67 ($1079.91 with sales)

* *Games owned:* 264

* *Games not played:* 69 **(26%)**

* *Hours spent:* 575.0h
The saddest thing:
I bought fallout 3 game of the year edition and only played it for 3 minutes

Confront your shame
http://steamdb.info/calculator/

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

I bought whatever the ultimate edition of Oblivion was in a steam sale about three years ago and haven't even got close to installing it.

That's the best I can do, sorry.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Profile creation:   10 years ago (November 18, 2004)

Games owned: 245

Games not played: 158 (64%)

Games not in store: 5

Hours on record   488.3h (12.0h last two weeks)

The figures are wrong; it says, for example, that I have played Half Life 2 for four hours. It's a lot longer than that - I've played it through three or four times
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Jings. I got this -

Profile creation   about a year ago (March 20, 2013 – 20:50:51 UTC)
* *Worth:* £631.44 (£210.79 with sales)
* *Games owned:* 59
* *Games not played:* 34 **(58%)**
* *Hours spent:* 172.5h

Probably not as bad as most folks, I play most of my games on console and have only had a Steam account for a year but still a bit of an eye-opener. I did resolve recently to never buy another PC game until I've played everything I have, so I guess only 34 to go.

shaolin_monkey

Profile creation - 10 years ago.

• Worth: £1116.23 (£312.92 with sales)

• Games owned: 125

• Games not played: 53 (42%)

• Hours spent: 457.2h

Not toooooo bad.  :D

Rog69

Profile creation:   10 years ago (November 16, 2004 – 14:23:30 UTC)

Games owned: 184

Games not played: 83 (45%)

Games not in store: 6

Hours on record   632.5h (1.0h last two weeks)

Just going through the unplayed stuff and a good chunk of it is made up of indie and episodic games from bundles that I ended up with after buying them to get other games in the deal, so I don't feel to bad about my unplayed pile  :).

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Rog69 on 28 August, 2014, 06:16:11 PM

Just going through the unplayed stuff and a good chunk of it is made up of indie and episodic games from bundles that I ended up with after buying them to get other games in the deal, so I don't feel to bad about my unplayed pile  :).

A lot of mine is stuff from Humble Bundles that I have no interest in (but for which I paid nowt) or things I bought in sales that I enjoyed on the Xbox and thought, I might play that again and it's less than £2- eg Alan Wake
Lock up your spoons!

shaolin_monkey

Yeah, a couple of mine were in bundles, but I'm ashamed to say others went unplayed on the PC as I ended up buying them to play on the console.  That's cos my console is right by my comfy sofa.

That said, I can see at least one I haven't played on the console yet either (Strike Suit Zero).

CrazyFoxMachine

BANG.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £227.35 (£58.29 with sales)
  • Games owned: 29
  • Games not played: 5 (17%)
  • Hours spent: 200.5h

Fairly measured I think!

Dandontdare

I can't get this to work - I've tried entering my email address, my Steam username, my steam forum username, but they all say "There is no profile with this custom url."

Probably just as well - I don't want to know how much time I've wasted on Civ5 or how liitlle time I've spent on Skyrim 'cos it's too complicated,

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 August, 2014, 01:16:15 AM
I don't want to know how much time I've wasted on Civ5 or how liitlle time I've spent on Skyrim 'cos it's too complicated,

Ha!  I'm the opposite. I've barely played Civ 5 as I found it ponderously inaccessible
Lock up your spoons!

CheechFU

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 August, 2014, 01:16:15 AM
I can't get this to work - I've tried entering my email address, my Steam username, my steam forum username, but they all say "There is no profile with this custom url."

Probably just as well - I don't want to know how much time I've wasted on Civ5 or how liitlle time I've spent on Skyrim 'cos it's too complicated,
Uses your steam login name

Judge_Debono

:lol: that's so funny, "confront your shame".
I remember when users were asking for an option to remove your playing time being displayed  :lol:

I'll check my account out tonight see what it says  :thumbsup:

amines2058

Hmm not as bad as I thought. Again though Humble Bundles accounts for quite a few of these.

Games owned 42
Games not played 27 (64%)
Games not in store 1
Hours on record 148.8h (0.0h last two weeks)