Main Menu

The Final Solution V Portrait of a Mutant - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic: Ga

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 July, 2021, 07:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Haha. This should be the final really. Portrait of a Mutant is obviously amazing and will rightly get a lot of votes.

However, for showcasing the best art that has ever appeared in 2000AD, my vote goes to The Final Solution.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

And The Final Solution is fighting back and picking up a decent number of votes, can it create another great shock? Well get your votes in today as we'll know by the morning as I count this one up first thing tomorrow.

My vote. Well ask me a few years ago and this might have been closer, I loved The Final Solution and like Cosh adore the art. That said, two things, on my recent re-read I found Final Solution didn't hold up to my memories of it. And second Portrait of a Mutant is in my top three all time Strontium Dog stories so on that basis:

Portrait of a Mutant

JayzusB.Christ

I was reading the prog when Portrait of a Mutant came out, but I was way too young to appreciate it.  I was just the right age when The Final Solution was published.  I liked Simon Harrison's artwork and I liked Feral - the Milton Keynes scenes were amazing.  Colin McNeil was, of course, brilliant on it too, and managed to add a very blatant and barely-disguised F-word in the background graffiti.   I even loved that Johnny [spoiler]died[/spoiler] and wish they hadn't undone such a powerful scene.

Final Solution for me then.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 July, 2021, 04:29:59 PM
THWUP!

Just in case I wasn't being clear - that's me voting for Portrait of a Mutant, without which ... really, rather a lot of the saga.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Buttonman

Portrait of a Mutant - this pre-dated my first Prog and when I picked up a back Prog containing an episode of this I knew I had to have the lot. Expert world building and lots of people saying 'Sneck'and'sneckers'.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This one was always going to go one way but it was fascinating to watch the love for Final Solution a thrill that divides fans but has passionate advocates. So it wasn't all one way traffic. That said the winner is one of the most important foundation stones in Strontium Dog so its little surprise that:

Portrait of a Mutant

takes this one.

Portrait of a Mutant    3     10
Max Bubba                    0      0
The Bitch                       0       0
Final Solution                0     -10