Main Menu

Prog1531 Prison break!!

Started by Proudhuff, 02 April, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Consistently good at the minute...well done Tharg and the Droids

opaque

Dredd: So just HOW much history stuff are we just never going to hear about then? We seem to have missed out or brushed over just about every major part of MC1's history!!!!
And it's Booth? Well that was not that much of a surprise really especially since last week.
NMA? One nuke would sort them out so theres obviously a twist in the tale but really this seems rather, well, un-epic like.

Savage: V nice :) Gathering speed again

Robo-Hunter: Finished and with no point even at the end, hopefully this is the end of it.

Sinister/Dexter: Very nice indeed and good twists and extra bits of info in there

Nikoli: Good but it does seem like none of the Romanov's seem to know how to run away to fight another day! (Or tie nukes to themselves or something) They are allowing themselves to be killed off really easily. Which must be building to something but it seems all too easy to me.
Wish they'd had the body as a trophy? She only fell into the Forth, must be rather easy to find the body surely.

DavidXBrunt

If you don't see the body...my guess is that someone, someone with a boat for instance, has picked up Lulu.

[YT-2]

>So just HOW much history stuff are we just never going to hear about then?

loads, Dredd isnt Simon Schama.

Goaty

Lulu is not dead, Dante must stab her and miss major organs, as he control the blade... she will returned.... who the beast next week???

but great prog! and hope the end to Sam Slade!!! very weak to 2000AD!

JOE SOAP

***Dredd: So just HOW much history stuff are we just never going to hear about then? We seem to have missed out or brushed over just about every major part of MC1's history!!!!
And it's Booth? Well that was not that much of a surprise really especially since last week. ***

We've had tons of history in Origins. The story is about Fargo's and Dredd's origins and why Fargo's body went missing, we've seen that now. The story of Booth and the New Mutant Army gives us a contemporary story that has more consequences that lead on from Origins.

Goaty

do you all remember the first page of first episode of Origins story? a cover page with pic of Dredd, of Boothe and grave of Fargo and some battles? let remember one of battle, it was some army of Judges fights some army with tanks, but that Judges uniforms is this current timeline not 30 years ago,

after saw the NMA's tanks on this Prog, that means there will be battles in few weeks????

and dont even mess with Dredd. He always got trick in his hand...

Dark Jimbo

Sad and historic moment in Dante. Of the twelve original Romanovs (and that's including Dante), there are now only four left - and only two of them have crests.*

Colour me pleasantly surprised at the ending to Robo-Hunter, too. No lazy last-minute 'ressurection' for Hoagy and Stoagy, the Five of Spades somehow emerges as quite a cool character, and against expectations Sam ends the strip in prison! Not quite up to Stim!, but just enough - only just, mind you - to convince me I wouldn't mind seeing this again at least once more.

Origins and Savage still brilliant.

*I don't subscribe to the 'Dmitri's crest is in Arkady' theory. It's too obvious and 'comic-booky' - I'd much prefer Arkady to try and take revenge on Dante at some point through normal means - he's already got reason enough - than have to be 'posessed' by Dmitri's ghost or whatever.
@jamesfeistdraws

Goaty

Dark Jimbo,

and other one, the old lady "mother" does got crest. as she does got snap the giant "Slaive" neck in the Romanov Family Hunt.

Byron Virgo

"If you don't see the body...my guess is that someone, someone with a boat for instance, has picked up Lulu."

Nah, I reckon she's dead. Though people probably said the same thing about Konstantin at one time...

"I don't subscribe to the 'Dmitri's crest is in Arkady' theory."

Having just read Tsar Wars, I'd have to say that it's a theory that seems a pretty likely possibility though. All that stuff with the crest disappearing and Arkady being the 'favoured' son suggests to me that Dimitri's been planning something sneaky.

Great ending for Robo-Hunter, which really leaves me wanting more, whilst the return of the NMA in Origins surprised me (in a good way) - nice to see that once again, Wagner's weaving all these little threads sown across the past few years into the current storyline. Just how good is the prog at the moment?

Roger Godpleton

Cover: A teensy bit incongruent with the content inside, but an awesome image nonetheless. Great Stuff.

Dredd: I like that Wagner didn't go into complete hyperbole mode for this big reveal. The best thing I can say about this is that I don't know what direction we'll be taken in next. Great Stuff.

Savage: Once again we're reminded here that Bill is no freedom fighter, just a thug who likes holding grudges. The last line is chilling. Great Stuff.

Robo: Better than usual, as this one actually has a plot. I'd like to see more of cardy. OK Stuff.

Sin/Dex: This just keeps getting better, hopefully when we're done here the fun can really begin. Great Stuff.

Dante: I would put this as one of the top five Dante epsiodes. Jena gets hurt, Konstantin slips up, another Romanov buys the farm and at the end Dante "finds out".Really Great Stuff.

Overall: YEAH!
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Skeabost

Given that we only have about 5(?) episodes left, I'm glad the Origins history lesson seems to be over and we've still got time to finish the present day story properly (though I suspect we'll get a Booth flashback next prog to see how he escaped from the maximum security vegetable patch in which Dredd left him 30 years ago).

Can someone less lazy than me remind who the New Mutant Army are? Are they recent or is it some time since we last saw them?

DavidXBrunt

I think they were in a Ridgeway drawn story a while back. Meg with two Flint covers?

JOE SOAP

I think they were in a Ridgeway drawn story a while back. Meg with two Flint covers?

Damned Ranger wasn't it. Art was a bit funky though.

Steve Green

I don't think it was too bad when he actually drew something - it was the untextured 3D primitive H-Wagons that really jarred for me.

- Steve