Main Menu

Prog1531 Prison break!!

Started by Proudhuff, 02 April, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

"it was the untextured 3D primitive H-Wagons that really jarred"

i agree and the way the guns fires, i hate that!!!! so not right angles!

the shutdown man

"I don't subscribe to the 'Dmitri's crest is in Arkady' theory. It's too obvious and 'comic-booky' - I'd much prefer Arkady to try and take revenge on Dante at some point through normal means - he's already got reason enough - than have to be 'posessed' by Dmitri's ghost or whatever."

I'd say it has to be, since we saw it disappear from Dimitri, but my theory was more along the lines of Dimitri somehow being able to use the crest to possess Arkady and thus take revenge on Vladimir. I figured that would fit in with Dimitri's manipulator image, and anyway, we never really saw what Dimitri's crest could do, beyond some kind of shield when Dante attacked him, so maybe....
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Funt Solo

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/megazine/hires/220.jpg" />
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

radiator

My origins prediction is that Fargo is in cahoots with Booth, and they're both leading the mutant army. We've seen that Fargo is confused, and started to regret his life's work. Booth has probaly manipulated Fargo into helping him.

Dredd will execute Fargo out of pity, and Booth will be lynched by the mutants when Dredd proves that the war was his fault. I've also got a feeling the Fargo clan might show up at the end to help out....

Steve Green

Yeah, it does offer up a few questions as to why the NMA would follow Booth.

A) he's a stinking normo, why would they want to have anything to do with him - especially if

B) they knew who we was - maybe that's why he's going by Linus

C) or maybe some of the gold from Fort Knox was used to bribe the NMA to get them up to where they were.

D) Aren't the legion of the damned still knocking about? I would have expected Booth to have a few loyal mek-troops re-activated.

- Steve

Will I. Cooling

"D) Aren't the legion of the damned still knocking about? I would have expected Booth to have a few loyal mek-troops re-activated. "

Didn't Ennis kill them off around 1994? Mega City One infected their water supply, killed most of them off.
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

philt

Hang on if Booth was in Fort Knox with all that gold why does he need the Judges money to finance his army?

Steve Green

The Legion of the Damned were the mek-army from the Cursed Earth. General Blood and Nuts etc.

Some definitely survived the explosion, as one was seen gnawing on Dredd's leg as he crossed the Mojave desert.

You're thinking of the Brotherhood of Marshalls(?)

As for the gold, maybe most of it was irradiated and of little value?

- Steve

philt

Fair enough but if the gold was so irradiated to be worthless, surely this same radiation have killed Booth long before Dredd happened across him?

Steve Green

In the story, Fort Knox was hit by a fusion bomb, but Booth was kept in the lowest level, not in the same location as the gold.

So you could argue that he was shielded from the worst of the effects + he was cryogenically frozen.

- Steve

philt

mmm still get the feeling that this hasn't been thought through properly. I mean how far down would he have to have been buried to avoid the effects of a fusion bomb and I'm not sure being frozen would prevent him becoming irradiated. Anyway Dredd et al are pictured walking round where the gold is stored - one of the hillbilly's says words to the effect of "look at all this gold"

Steve Green

It depends what he's behind - he could be in a lead-lined room for all we know. It was a secret chamber, rather than the regular vaults.

The gold had been sitting in there for 30 years, Dredd and co. were only there for minutes - so maybe short-term exposure was not a problem, but long-term the exposure was more harmful.

I've no idea whether this was considered, but there are ways to explain it.

- Steve

Will I. Cooling

"The Legion of the Damned were the mek-army from the Cursed Earth. General Blood and Nuts etc.

Some definitely survived the explosion, as one was seen gnawing on Dredd's leg as he crossed the Mojave desert.

You're thinking of the Brotherhood of Marshalls(?) "

Yep, you're right Mcwild; my mistake lol
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.