Main Menu

Progn1746: They Experimented on My Brain!

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2011, 08:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Prog here at 7.15! A new record and I nearly got out of bed to read it. Nearly.

Dredd: Sorry, but I find this a teeny bit plodding now. Building nicely in the grand scheme of things, but I'd like a big bang now please. And surely at some point the 100% pre-cog will come unstuck (even the bloke who predicted Owen Kryshler was only 88% accurate). My problem is that after years of Psi-Division being sidelined, all of a sudden it's critical to prog after prog. And, y'know, it is plain daft.

3riller: Wolves. I see Mechs! Big mechs, little mechs! Nice little started with an odd WW2/ Falling Skies vibe. And some lovely art by Steve Yeowell. Great design work.

Savage: See Dredd comments. I like Savage when Bill is blowing stuff up. Not when he's doing a Grant Mitchell impersonation. Give us some Shoota action Pat!

SinDex: Contains a suitable quote of blowing up-ness and is therefore met with approval. I fear, though, that this story would benefit from a long unbroken run of 20 odd epidsodes but will soon end with an unsatisfactory cliffhanger. No, Tharg, no!

Zombo: Sheer comic brilliance in a comic. This is like an 80s buddy movie, maybe 48 hours, but with more quips and guns and zombies. And references to loose bowel movements among the elderly.

All in all, a good prog but not the best. More violence please Mr Tharg!
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

And bring back the edit function so I can tidy up my typos.
Lock up your spoons!

Darren Stephens

Great cover this week from the bonkers brain of Mr Flint, too.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Grant Goggans

The cover tag reminds me of that wonderful Kev O'Neill Metalzoic cover from the 470s: "I operated on my own brain!"

radiator

The cover is an absolute corker. Bet it must have been very hard to resist the temptation to put 'brian' instead of 'brain'!

House of Usher

Too busy this weekend to have read the Prog yet, but I turned straight to Zombo. Funny stuff - very anarchic! Full-tilt Al Ewing craziness and tongue-in-cheek. The flashbacks were an ultra-treat. Leading the field at the moment, I think.
STRIKE !!!

nicklarr

So what's the story on Dredds new Lawmaster bike?
Seeing as Cadet Hennesy's driving the old standard Lawmaster?
(with the "PZOOO"  :lol: Cyclops Laser)

Anyone who has the info on this?

James Stacey

I asked this a while back and I think the consensus was just it's just an artist conceit. There have been a couple of artists who have redesigned the Lawmaster over the last few years but it hasn't ever been referenced by the text to my knowledge.

nicklarr

Yes, that's true the Lawmaster has changed almost as many times as Dredd helmet  :P

Just seeing them two side by side makes me feel it's something deliberate and with a possbile backstory (not yet told)

Molch-R

Quote from: nicklarr on 09 August, 2011, 05:38:49 PM
Yes, that's true the Lawmaster has changed almost as many times as Dredd helmet  :P

Just seeing them two side by side makes me feel it's something deliberate and with a possbile backstory (not yet told)

No.

Robert Frazer

Remodelling Lawmasters must be a hobby for the Tek-Judges, a bit of performance art to spend their downtime on. ;)
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

Dandontdare

And remember she was ordered to sign a bike out while she's at the Academy, where they wouldn't have the cutting edge models I guess.

No big review just a few random points:

COVER OF THE YEAR!!

Nice to see Yeowell in glorious technicolour.

"Is it going to hurt as much as you being stuffed up your own bum? Eh?" This made me guffaw!

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Richard

In The Cursed Earth they said there was a new (then) kind of Lawmaster called a Quasar-Bike, so we know there is more than one kind of Lawmaster. Also it would be a bit unlikely that the judges would be use only one model of the same bike for over thirty years. There would be upgrades.

radiator

I think Ben Willsher did this in The Skinning Room too, drawing a cadet on a mk 1 lawmaster. Makes sense to me, and is a nice little touch.