Main Menu

Judge Dredd Graphic Novels

Started by vast, 24 October, 2010, 02:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vast

Hi,
I'm wondering if someone can help me. My husband is trying to figure out which Judge Dredd graphic novel/novels contain the issues that were put out by Eagle comics (1-33). I would really like to buy it/them for him for his birthday. If anyone knows please help!
Thanks!
  -Vast

Greg M.

To my knowledge, those stories would be contained in Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 01 through to maybe 07 (I'm pretty sure that would cover all the stories Eagle Comics reprinted.) Of course, that's 7 whole volumes of Dredd, which might prove a bit pricey, and you will also get a lot of stories not included in the Eagle Comics reprints. Thankfully, if your husband will almost definitely enjoy said other stories too.  :)

CraveNoir

Pretty much agree with Greg, and if price or international shipping is a concern then Judge Dredd Complete Case Files volumes 3,4,5 would be a wise core purchase as they contain the very best stories that were included in the Eagle reprints. They can be obtained for very reasonable prices from the UK Amazon site.

Emperor

What you can do is look up the issues on Barney:

http://2000ad.org/?zone=reprint&page=usprofiles&choice=edredd1

It gives the stories and the Case Files which the are collected in. So issue #1 contains stories collected in Case Files 2 and 3. Clicking through to the last issue (you can keep clicking through the issues on the right hand side) you can see those stories are collected in Case Files 1 and 6. Looking at the others Case Files 1 to 6 seems to collected everything you are after (and more - but the more is good too) the exception is #28 which includes some Judge Anderson stories that have yet to be collected but I'd assume they'd be in the next Anderson volume.

http://2000ad.org/?zone=reprint&page=usprofiles&choice=edredd28
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

vast