Main Menu

Tharg's Future Shop updated!

Started by The Amstor Computer, 13 February, 2005, 10:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Good news for anyone still hunting for copies of the new Rebellion/DC trades - Wake has updated the Future Shop with all of the books currently available. It might be tricky finding them elsewhere, but at least you can now pick them up here :-)

Link: https://secure.2000adonline.com/secure/index.php?PageRequired=shop&Level=2&Category=BOOKS&SubCategory=DC" target="_blank">Clicky-clicky!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/trades_now.jpg">

IndigoPrime

Has anyone actually ordered any of these books from the Future Shop? If so, how are they shipped? Seeing as 2000 AD and the Meg are shipped in envelopes and non-comic items I've had shipped from Rebellion in the past have sometimes turned up damaged, I was wondering whether the books have protective packaging. I'd be happy to order from Rebellion, but not if the things are just sent in a normal envelope or an inadequate jiffy bag.

The Amstor Computer

I've ordered a few bits & bobs from the Future Shop - a mug, some magnets & the Banzai Battalion trade. They arrived well-packed in a cardboard box. Don't know how the book would have been shipped if I ordered it alone, but I'd hope it would have been at least packed in a decent jiffy bag.

ukdane

Stuff I've ordered has always arrived well packaged and in good condition.

Good to know the shop has been updated.

BUT WEHT Wardog & Shakara?
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

God knows, UKD.

Wardog doesn't seem to exist in Amazon's listings, or anywhere else I've looked, but I know that the folks at 2000ADReview have had a copy & at least one other boarder has mentioned seeing it in a shop.

Shakara had been listed at Amazon as being released on 1 January until very recently, but the listing now says it was released on 3 February. That said, Rogue Trooper Vol 1, Skizz, Bad Company, Judgment Day and Dev Waugh Vol 2 are now all listed as being published on 3 February!

I've placed an order for Shakara with Amazon, despite it being listed as available in 4-6 weeks and "hard to find", so we'll see what happens...

IndigoPrime

Bear in mind that Amazon UK is utterly hopeless with regards to listings. My latest book originally had a publication date of late December. This was then bumped to January, but at the start of December, Amazon UK slapped a ?1.99 finder's fee on this "hard to find" item. I contacted them, saying I was the author, and that they were screwing my pre-orders, due to the fee. Their response was pretty much "we don't give a shit, and there's nothing we can do anyway". After THREE WEEKS of complaining to them (my publisher was also doing this), they changed the listing. Therefore, always take any listing on Amazon UK with not a pinch of salt but a bucketload.

The Amstor Computer

Fair point, IP. Problem is, when nobody else seems to know anything about the books, and when the people publishing them barely talk about them, Amazon seems to be the only place to find any info. So far, their listings for the Rebellion books have been fairly accurate (typically within a few days to a week of release) but it'd still be better to hear from somebody who knew what was actually happening.

I don't think anyone wants a blow-by-blow account of how these books get from idea to on the shelves, but some kind of update would be good. If they're being listed in Previews & Amazon as shipping, and that's incorrect, then someone should be correcting them. If there's a delay, it'd be nice to hear it from the horse's mouth, not just to have a book disappear into limbo.

opaque

One side effect from ordering from the Future Shop (and indeed any smaller shop online) is you have to add postage on top which you don't with Play or Amazon (over ?19). And for the 5 of the new books I want it would cost me an extra ?7/?8.75.

But great to see them up on there :) Might buy them after payday.

WoD

a plus side (if you are a subber) is that you get a discount, or at least I have in the past.

Packaging was spot on too.

The Amstor Computer

Yup, I believe that's still in place - just 10%, IIRC, but it makes up for the postage costs.

Devons Daddy

WOW MISSED THIS.
good news for many of us and deserves to be noticed.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

I got the Dante book via Tharg's shop - nicely wrapped in paper before enveloped. Like unwrapping a birthday present it was!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Si Logan

Bah.  I just got an e-mail back saying the Rogue Trooper book was out of stock!

Oddboy

Noo!

Is that because it's been selling like hot cakes, or because they've not actually got any books in yet to sell??
Better set your phaser to stun.

IndigoPrime