Main Menu

San Diego Comic-Con 2012

Started by CraveNoir, 11 July, 2012, 11:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Another Grauniad mention in the article linked below, including a quote from Molcher:

Other heroes, super or otherwise, are scrambling for attention. The British makers of Judge Dredd, based on the 2000 AD character, hope a Pete Travis-directed film which premiered on Wednesday night will woo back fans alienated by a 1995 Sylvester Stallone version of the futuristic law-enforcer. "Hardcore fans have spent 35 years reading the character and they want to see it done right," said Mike Molcher, a publicist for the film. "We think this version really nails it."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2012/jul/12/san-diego-comic-con-hollywood

Teivion

CraveNoir

In case of emergency break glass.

ming

Heh, now just add vinegar, a la Judge Slocum.

:)

Steve Green

That Kenner box was a great idea.

I wonder if anyone has done a Vader costume that looks like the original figure (a bit rubbish, rigid cape, weird telescopic looking lightsaber)

Mardroid

I'm not really a blonde guy*, but that Anderson is incredibly cute.

*As in I particularly like dark haired women, rather than a description of my own hair colour. Although I'm not blonde. (As a nipper, I used to be.)

Grant Goggans

Was there any news from SDCC about this comic, or just IDW's comics?

CraveNoir

"San Diego Comic-Con 2012 will be truly Dredd-ful this year as we celebrate the impending release of DREDD 3D in September... plus unveiling some exciting swen about 2000 AD's future"

No news. Not that I found anyway.

COMMANDO FORCES

I love a bit of exciting swen  ;)

CraveNoir

Drat! Missed that! :) I employ a language filter to make the web a more interesting and surreal place.

JOE SOAP

locustsofdeath!

I forgot to post this ages ago - my daughter, Audrey, has become quite a fan of comic books and has been enjoying the early 2000ADs I let her read. She spotted Judges Dredd and Anderson at the San Diego Comic Con, and wanted a picture with them...

Proudhuff

Locust, didn't you warn her about the palm prints?!!  :o
DDT did a job on me

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 October, 2012, 03:38:11 PM
Locust, didn't you warn her about the palm prints?!!  :o

Worse than that, Dredd just handed his lawgiver right over when she asked to hold it!

Proudhuff

I think he may have been mesmerised by Anderson's big ..er...eyes.
DDT did a job on me