Main Menu

All-Star Superman #1

Started by Megadeth, 19 November, 2005, 01:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megadeth

Well then I can't be the only one who picked this up this week.

I've been waiting on this for a long time, i'm a huge Grant Morrison fan but have never read a Superman comic in my life. Just finished reading it but did I enjoy it?

I'm not sure...

The biggest impression I got from the book is just how short it feels, I ended up counting the pages after I finished just to make sure they were all there. As far as set-up issues go it could have been a lot worse.

Quitely's artwork definately gets a thumbs up from me. He draws a suitably fat necked and large chinned Supes, although for some reason his Luthor reminds me of Morrison himself.

The initial excitment has worn off and i'm not looking forward to issue 2 as much as I was this one but I am still interested to see where it goes.

Oh and is it just me or was this book full of adverts? They definately didn't help make the book feel any longer.

ukdane

I'll be waiting for the reviews- and then maybe the tpb.
Cheers

-Daney

Art

I loved it, except for all the ads...

The Amstor Computer

All DC comics seem packed with adverts now, and so many ruin the pacing and rhythm of a story - double-page ads before a big splash, that kind of thing.

I'm tempted by All-Star Superman, especially after reading Morrison's list of things he believed were essential to writing the character. I'll probably pick it up, but at the moment I'll make do with my shiny new DVD of the animated series (great stuff, BTW)

Megadeth

I don't know if they are just better placed but I don't remember there being so many ads in the Seven Soldiers books.

Going off on a little tangent, is anyone else still picking up the SS minis? I've liked them all so far but am especially looking forward to the delayed conclusion of Zatanna.

The Amstor Computer

Yep, still buying the lot. Klarion's been a particular favourite, but The Guardian, Zatanna & Shining Knight have all been great fun. Can't wait to get my hands on Mister Miracle & The Bulleteer...

Bico

I'll wait for the tpb, as I've got too many mini-series cluttering up the place, and some of them are buggers to get rid of.
I can't seem to lose that Dr Strange mini by that Babylon 5 bloke - possibly because you can't wipe your arse with that glossy paper.  Not with any great level of success, anyway.

Wake

I've just added a range of resin badges to the Termight Replicas site, priced between ?2 and ?6 plus ?2 flat rate postage in the UK.

A Dredd badge and a set of bio-chips should be added soon.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/replicas/" target="_blank">Termight Replicas

http://www.2000ad.org/replicas/images/judge_newt.jpg">

Satanist

Really enjoyed Superman. Im still buying all the 7soldiers but havent read any. Im waiting till Ive got the lot then I'll spend the whole day on them.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?