Main Menu

Koom Skrree!

Started by Dandontdare, 13 May, 2008, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Couple of things pique my curiosity about this page -
1. What the hell does Koom Skrree mean? There's nothing more annoying than an obscure fanboy reference you think you should get but don't!
2. What were the banned usernames banned for? Just what sort of Zragian behaviour warrants ejection from this place?

James

Many moons ago there was a banner at the top of the site's page with a (I think) Jock Dredd with the sound effect KOOM SKRREE! By clicking on this picture it took you to the page of boarder's icons, kinda of like an easter egg.

The banned users were mostly scojo.

Others will tell you more of him.

Just don't look in the mirror and say his name three times...

Dandontdare

ooh, can't wait to hear more. when I read your post I first thought "scojo" was one of those message board acronyms like IHMO - Or a piece of betelgeusian vocab that had slipped my mind!

Floyd-the-k

I too have always wondered what 'kroom skree' meant. Now I will take that knowledge to my grave.

thanks

Pete Wells

Yeah, well done Dandontdare, I've been meaning to ask this for fooking ages!

IndigoPrime

See below for a grab of 2000 AD v.2.http://reverttosaved.com/junk/2000ad-v2.jpg">

Proudhuff

thgere's been a lack of good sound effects in the prog recently, Koom Skree should appear somewhere every issue

FX-Huff
DDT did a job on me

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah but unfortunately any body even mentioning the unmentionable one automatically becomes a target for paranoia & witch-hunting... everybody now will be waiting with bated breath for Dandontdare to mention any of the evil trigger words.

ThryllSeekyr

Wow, not bad look for the old website.

That must have been back in 2004 when the Judge Dredd Vs Death playstion  Two game as in circa.

Funt Solo

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2006/11/03/blofeld1.jpg" />

"Wagner's gone soft..." etc.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Give or take, the dates for 2000 AD's website are:

v1 (Tharg): sometime before summer 2001.
v2 (Koom Skrree): autumn 2001.
v3 (the current one): summer 2004.

There were plans for a v4 (including a combo Pye/me design refresh) a while back, but they never materialised.

Funt Solo

tbh, the v2 one looks a lot better than the current one.  It looks more modern and it's less crowded with content.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rio De Fideldo

I used to like the Tharg one where you could make him go boss eyed.

ThryllSeekyr

I remebr when I first logged on to the site here and it must have been at around about roughly the same date written below.

I recall the you could only read one message at the time while all the rest were minamised.

Had a hard time navigating the board back then also.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=prog&page=profiles" target="_blank">October 22nd, 2003.

Floyd-the-k

just recite your four favourite sound effects Bou, and everything will be alright.

probably.

(mine are: aieeee (does that count as a sound effect?)
           thunk
            krum
and.........rrrip