Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 May, 2014, 09:45:56 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 25 May, 2014, 11:54:35 PMUKIP are xenophobes

UKIP are opportunists trading on the fears of xenophobes

Farage is; I believe most of the lower echelon nutters who've gathered around him lately are more or less genuine. Worth remembering that UKIP (i.e, Farage) only latched onto the immigrant thing relatively recently - before he spied that opportunity, UKIP were single issue EU expansion obstructionists with a silly Save the Pound slogan.

GordonR

Quote from: Professor Bear on 26 May, 2014, 05:04:47 PM
Six countries that went towards the left instead of the right in the European elections: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2014/may/26/european-elections-six-countries-went-left?CMP=twt_fd

It seems Romania went left, so now we know why Herr Farage hates that particular nationality so much - they're all lefty puffs.
All joking aside, having a country that's politically to the right of Italy and Portugal should worry most sensible people.

They missed out Malta, whose governing Labour Party maintained their 53% of the vote from last year's landslide general election. Their racist fringe garnered a mere 3.5%....somewhat less than ours.

Their 75% turnout - and that's down from their norm - remains the highest in the EU. (Discounting 90% Belgium, where voting is mandatory.)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 May, 2014, 01:30:30 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 May, 2014, 01:13:46 AM
It's already been said on the BBC that even if every vote goes to the second place party, they still can't beat UKIP.

Just shows we too have our share of nutters, again I'd point out that at 33% turnout ( and then only a small precentage of that) it hardly represents the general population or indeed all the praise and worship being directed at Ukippers by the BBC is really representive.

What's he going to do when and if he suddenly finds, in a few months, that he's not in the UK any more..?

Frank

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 26 May, 2014, 08:02:07 PM
What's (Farage) going to do when and if he suddenly finds, in a few months, that he's not in the UK any more..?

The UK consists of England, Wales and some place called Northern Ireland too; when Brian Jones died, nobody suggested changing the name of the band to Terner's Purple Orchestra. Plus, UKIP's logo's the £ound symbol, and Alec Salmond assures everyone we'll all certainly still be using that ...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: sauchie on 26 May, 2014, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 26 May, 2014, 08:02:07 PM
What's (Farage) going to do when and if he suddenly finds, in a few months, that he's not in the UK any more..?

The UK consists of England, Wales and some place called Northern Ireland too; when Brian Jones died, nobody suggested changing the name of the band to Terner's Purple Orchestra. Plus, UKIP's logo's the £ound symbol, and Alec Salmond assures everyone we'll all certainly still be using that ...

Only I wasn't talking about Farage, but their MEP in Scotland.

Hoagy

It is going to be a very boring country these right wing voters want. I want diversity and an exploration of multi-global peoples and clean air and not to be defined by my paycheck.

It'll be only satisfactory for these people here, predominantly tepid earl grey coloured folk singing about the bastions of Victorian Britain with an emotional spectrum that begins at battleship grey and ends at dishwater. 

Drink darts dominoes dole departmentalization dull dumb discrimination demonisation and death. YAWN!

I mean I can live with those things but am capable of so much more.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Frank

I'm doing my bit for Farage by working one of the rubbish paid, manual labour jobs he doesn't want Polish Economics professors to come over here and do. Every time I clock-in, it's one in the eye for Herman Van Rompuy.

Professor Bear

Good for you, Sauchie!  Now if we can just get everyone else in the country into a badly-paid manual labour job, Nige will be a happy man.

Judo

Bloody Foreigners coming over here wanting to know what love is x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

TordelBack

Quote from: Judo on 27 May, 2014, 04:48:20 PM
Bloody Foreigners coming over here wanting to know what love is x

Heh!

Frank

Quote from: Judo on 27 May, 2014, 04:48:20 PM
Bloody Foreigners coming over here wanting to know what love is

Farage is really more of a seventies throwback than an eighties nostalgist. This isn't the kind of behaviour you expect from a future prime minister ... Dave Cameron hasn't done anything like that since university, and even then he used a champagne flute rather than a pint glass:

M.I.K.

Are there any photos or video footage of that prick Farage that aren't of him inside or in front of a pub holding a pint glass?

Frank

Quote from: M.I.K. on 27 May, 2014, 05:47:32 PM
Are there any photos or video footage of that prick Farage that aren't of him inside or in front of a pub holding a pint glass?

No. I wouldn't ignore the symbolism of the name of the drinking establishment either. You could be forgiven for thinking that a man who's exactly as posh as the other three party leaders is projecting a carefully calculated image of himself as a man of the people *.

* of Clarkson middle England,at any rate

GordonR

There's some fairly hilarious ones of him among the wreckage of that plane crash he was in at the last general election...

Frank

Quote from: GordonR on 27 May, 2014, 06:00:53 PM

There's some fairly hilarious ones of him among the wreckage of that plane crash he was in at the last general election...

Nasty. You're thinking of that car crash he was in the other week.