Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 August, 2015, 05:00:23 PM
A series about how Han Solo became a smuggler is being considered.

If I wasn't as old as I am mow, I'd been trying to get in to contact with their casting department right now for the role of young Han himself and did you know I was once ticketed for speeding in a Ford Falcon on Kessel road near the city.

Seriously, I always thought one of the kid actors from Home Improvement was a dead ringer for a younger Harrison Ford.  A lot closer in likeness than I thought the late River Phoenix was.

I believe, his name is Johnathan Taylor Thomas who, by virtue of his grin bears a remarkable similarity to Indiana Solo and the rest of face just slides into place.

Except, I think this guy from Breaking Bad is the current favourite.

I just don't see it there. Even though, a large part of imitation is just being a convincing actor.

TordelBack

Yeah, facial resemblance is the smallest part of it really - look at DeForrest Kelley and Our Karl as Dr McCoy (or even Our Karl and Old Stoney Face). Not a hint of resemblance, and yet a perfect fit.

That said, your John Thomas looks the part!

What?

ThryllSeekyr

Goaty

For Rogue One, classic Stormtroopers are back!

COMMANDO FORCES

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 August, 2015, 03:35:08 PM
Korean TV Spot that shows a fraction more!

KOREAN TV SPOT

The first shot I didn't recognise, but everything else seemed like it had come from the two existing trailers.

JOE SOAP

Seems "Clan Techie" has graduated to General.

Goaty

TordelBack

Obviously that shot is completely shit 'cos it's mostly CGI. That's how it works, right?

locustsofdeath!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TotalHack on 10 August, 2015, 08:01:52 PM
Obviously that shot is completely shit 'cos it's mostly CGI. That's how it works, right?

This time the CGI is Practical.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 August, 2015, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 August, 2015, 03:35:08 PM
Korean TV Spot that shows a fraction more!

KOREAN TV SPOT

The first shot I didn't recognise, but everything else seemed like it had come from the two existing trailers.

That's the fraction :D

Leigh S

~Is that Voltan there? If so, excitement circuits engaged!

TordelBack

The thing about that shot (and the reverse view we've already seen) is how it still completely misses the point of warfare on a galactic scale... That (oooh, ahhh, look at how many baddies there are!) assembly represents  a decent force for invading a small-middling country, but not a well-populated planet, never mind a galaxy full of worlds. Much like the 3 million-strong clone army of the prequels: what's that, 300 soldiers for each of just 10,000 inhabited systems? In short, despite being overblown, if it's meant to impress, it doesn't.

'Course if it's meant to represent a small Garrison, I'll eat my words.

TordelBack

Ignore the preceding drivel. A symptom of the dread that this film inspires in my fannish heart as the days grow shorter...