Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Just started Farscape again. Not seen it for a while but still loving it. I've ripped all my disks to ext-hd so they're up for grabs if anyone wants them - all seasons plus The Peacekeeper Wars, but no cases or inserts, just the disks in a dvd pouch. Free to a good home, just pay some or all the postage if you can.

Be doing the same with the X Files next if anyone fancies those. Let you know when it's done.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Anthony Garnon

If the offer still stands, I'll pay the postage and take the discs. Just let me know either way. Missed most of the show when it first aired.

The Legendary Shark

Sure, Anthony, just PM me your details and I'll sort it out.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

repoman

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 May, 2021, 07:45:30 PM
Breaking Bad

I'm like 10 years late to this one and as such have absolutely nothing to add that hasn't been said already.
Yeah. Great show. Except for Season 5, man I don't know what it was (besides the massive downgrade in antagonist quality) that just made it all a bit meh, especially coming off of the anxiety inducing Season 4, the finale of which has shot its way into my favourite episodes list.

This!

S5 was pretty bad and yeah they went from fighting the cartel to just going up against meth-head rednecks.

The Legendary Shark

No PM from Anthony, so if anyone else fancies those Farscape dvds just drop me a line.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Anthony Garnon

The Legendary Shark

No probs, Anthony - pm me your address and I'll post 'em off.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Anthony Garnon

Hawkmumbler

ULTRAMAN TRIGGER

The latest addition to the long running TsuPro saga debut last week, with the second episode dropping this morning and so far its an incredibly fun send up to the 90's era of occult story lines and Lovecraftian influence. The joyous approach to camp that permeates Toku is the perfect antidote to the dry, almost embarrassed tone of recent corporate cape movies.

Barrington Boots

Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Not sure how much to discuss this even with spoiler tags without whacking this under one big spoiler.

I didn't like this at all at first, but went back and watched the last three episodes and it did get better. The animation is in places is pretty poor (by modern standards - it's way better than the original cartoon). Character design is excellent with some characters looking a lot better than their classic counterparts, although the new character is a bit generic. Plotwise, without going into detail, I didn't enjoy this as a new direction to go in. I'd have much rather had a reboot in the manner of the (excellent) She-Ra series than a continuation that tries to be both heavily nostaligic and more modern and dark at the same time.

I think some stories don't need to be updated: I don't need to see, say, adult Ash and Pikachu struggling with climate change and habitat destruction as they continue their adventures through a midlife crisis, and I don't need to see [spoiler]Orko all old and sad and dying like RotJ Yoda (and I really hate Orko). I don't think it's a setting that needs character deaths or gritty-ing up[/spoiler].

As ever with the internet and it's toxic fandoms, the hate this is getting online is totally over the top. Tbh this was so depressingly predictable I do wonder if think Netflix / Kevin Smith did it on purpose.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

American Vandal - a true crime mockumentary series. Other than saying that, you should go in cold.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

So made it to end of S2 of Black Summer. Ultimately I didn't think it was worth it. There are a couple of bravura "long take" set pieces (one in particular in the finale) but very little in the way of character. I need a bit more to hang onto than technical cleverness.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 November, 2012, 07:48:33 AM
Is Breaking Bad the one about a chemistry teacher who makes drugs?

Yes. Despite some brilliant episodes, me and Mrs Tips really struggled with it and gave up after s2
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

repoman

Ted Lasso - surprisingly likeable.  That said, I thought it went too far with the Christmas episode.  Absolutely full of saccharine sappiness at the expense of any comedy.  I'm hoping this week's episode remembers to be funny.

It was so bad that it reminded me of the time that I saw an advert for Gavin and Stacey and it mostly seemed to be people just saying normal shit to each other like 'are you alright, nan?' without any jokes.

Rewatching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - much better than the last three films but I have to admit season 2 has massively lost its way.  I've got 5 or 6 episodes left.

Miracle Workers - surprisingly brilliant Daniel Harry-Potter comedy vehicle.  They're up to season 3 and each season is entirely different but somehow the gags keep landing.  That said, this is the weakest season so far but it's good and very digestible at just 20 mins per episode.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: repoman on 20 August, 2021, 08:52:10 PM
Rewatching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - much better than the last three films but I have to admit season 2 has massively lost its way.  I've got 5 or 6 episodes left.

I seem to remember really liking the back half of S2, so maybe stick with it. That said, I think it ends in a cliff-hanger-y way, and being very disappointed that it got cancelled.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.