Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2013

Started by Satanist, 12 January, 2013, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 May, 2013, 10:37:35 AM
Huzzah! Room booked, so won't have to slope of early to the strippers like last time, I don't think Dode C will mind if I mention he's coming along too  :D
FTFY.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 17 May, 2013, 11:07:33 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 May, 2013, 10:37:35 AM
Huzzah! Room booked, so won't have to slope of early to the strippers like last time, I don't think Dode C will mind if I mention he's coming along too  :D
FTFY.

I wouldn't waste my money on that, not when I could be in the boozer talking pish comics with my fellow geeks and Dreddheads
DDT did a job on me

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

judgerussell

What are the bars like in Glasgow? I like to have a drink or three, so would like to know where is best to meet fellow squaxx dek thargo, and not end up stabbed and robbed.

Judo

if its still at CCA then its basically on a very long road full of pubs. if you see me kickin about - girl wi curly brown hair and some kind of tooth memorabilia badge, t-shirt etc - come say hey and i'll give you the pub spiel :) x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Ghost MacRoth

Just don't go to any of the clubs, and you'll be fine.  The Corinthian is a good example, looks all posh from outside, but in reality, it's a shithole.  Hit the chain bars (TGI, Lloyds, etc) and you'll have no bother.  The counting house off Georges Square isn't bad either, if you don't mind being bumped and pushed by suited yuppie twats.  Personally I drink south side or west end, but if it's city centre?  Go for Merchant City area but NOT TRONGATE!!  They are close to each other geographically, but worlds apart in culture.

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Judo

Nice n Sleazys is across the road and down a bit so might go there since its open til 3 and sells kinder eggs behind the bar x

Ghost MacRoth

Yep, decent pub, and the classic grand is near there too.  Good if you like yer Rock tunes.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Judo

yeah david lloyd fell asleep in classic grand and they didnt throw him out so thats always a good sign lol. classics a night club so doesnt open til 11 x

judgerussell

I like a bar that stays open late and doesn't kick you out for nodding off a bit. I love rock music. If you see me there with my Bisley Abc warrior tshirt, come say hi. I don't bite (any more).

Judo

I will have to see what my visiting friends would like to do - tourists and all - but my vote will 100% be on nice and sleazys.  My facebook is https://www.facebook.com/dawn.mathieson and im always keen to make new friends with similar interests and that is my main reason for using this forum.  Please anyone in the tooth brigade glasvegas events division give me an add x

edit: i get fb on my phone so fairly immediate cept im not a great phone person as bit of a techno dunce

GordyM

The Sir John is decent too.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

I, Cosh

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 04 June, 2013, 09:47:10 PM
Just don't go to any of the clubs, and you'll be fine.  The Corinthian is a good example, looks all posh from outside, but in reality, it's a shithole. Hit the chain bars (TGI, Lloyds, etc) and you'll have no bother.
Christ no. Dreadful shitholes. Within spitting distance of the CCA you have the CCA bar itself (pretty nice), The State Bar (proper old-fashioned pub), The Griffin (similar but bigger), The Variety (best pub in Glasgow), Nice 'n' Sleazy (shithole but open late, sometimes has decent music downstairs and my mates always want to go there however Stereo is a much better option for late night drinking), The Box (for young people who like proper bands playing proper tunes and, therefore, even worse than Sleazy's but also open late and has a far laxer door policy) and various others.

Some of the Bath Street places are bearable but most are full of the kind of tossers who wear figure hugging T-shirts with a saggy neckline.

Slightly further afield (up to half a mile's walk!) you have Black Sparrow, Bon Accord, Horseshoe, Stereo and all sorts of others.

Basically, just be sure to avoid Campus and Jumpin' Jaks and you should be fine.
We never really die.

Satanist

So we're all agreed?

The Variety it is then?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dog Deever

I know nothing of any of these places, or any other places in Glasgow really so I have nothing of value to add to this debate.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.