Main Menu

Ebay Alert! Progs 1 & 2 with free gifts for sale!

Started by inkymonkey, 22 May, 2013, 01:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

G'day you lot, hope you're all behaving yourself...

I'm unloading a bit of stuff on ebay, and two items might be of particular interest - Prog 1 & 2, both in excellent condition, with the free gifts included!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221230288250?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221230289016?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Letting these go with some reluctance... just so long as they go to a good home...

Cheers!

Wake

Well done for starting them at "stupidly low" prices. I hope that step leads to lots of bidders.

inkymonkey

Huzzah for stupidly low prices!

(Not sure what that says about me though...)

Cheers!

betel_uk

For anyone looking to bid on these auctions, can I just vouch 100% for Mr InkyMonkey... thoroughly good bloke and a top notch artist / illustrator to boot!

Good luck with the sale...

Spikes

Great looking copies,  :thumbsup:
Be interesting to see what the final tally is, on these.

inkymonkey

Thank you Mr Betel-UK, also a top bloke and the world's best packager of en masse progs I know! 

Ghost MacRoth

Well Judge Jack, I can confirm that prog 2 went for £316.21.

To me! :D :lol: :D

Won it by a single Australian cent!  :o
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Simon Beigh

Well done, Ghost.

Tell me, will you read the Prog or will it be going into a specially constructed hermetically sealed vault?  :)

Ghost MacRoth

Bit of both!  Already have no.2 without gift, and had 1 and 3 with gifts.  Gutted to have missed a prog 2 with gift just a couple of weeks ago for under 200 quid, so wasn't gonna let this one go easy!  Nearly there to be satisfied, just need free gifts for progs 1 & 3 of tornado, and that's the comics complete!  Well, no best of monthlies, or any other reprint stuff, but not really interested in them.  After that, it's just some missing cards from the CCG, and a couple of series 2 phone cards, then just whatever takes my fancy!  Not quite as obsessive as our man in the 'Cellar of Dredd', (wouldn't you just kill for his collection?? lol!) but I do tend to get a bit over zealous for my collectables! ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Spikes

Nice one G-Mac.
Already got the first three Prog's with gifts, but its always nice to see copies of these pop up.
Been fun over the years to snag the other Prog free gifts cheaply, to complete the set - or as near as...

blixab

just need free gifts for progs 1 & 3 of tornado, and that's the comics complete! 
[/quote]

I have a copy of Tornado issue 1 & gift currently on EBay @ £35 - if you want it let me know and will end the auction and it's yours.

Ghost MacRoth

Lol, I am watching that very one just now!!  Ha ha!  Just waiting for an answer about splitting from another listing of 1,2, and 3, but you could well be on old bean!

betel_uk

Didn't want to jump the thread while Mr InkyMonkey's auctions were running, and it sounds like the other posters on the thread are all sorted, but just in case anyone reading this is looking out for Progs 1 and 2 with gifts I currently have both listed on eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310672518161
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310672529456
Ambitious BIN prices I'll grant you but I'm open to offers and will split the gifts if that's all someone is after...
And as a heads up to people on the boards, the price Ghost paid is in the region I had hoped to achieve for the Prog 2 (especially if you want to do the deal off eBay and I save my fees!).
Drop me a PM if you want to discuss a deal...
Cheers for looking!  :D
Ian

Simon Beigh

I'm always staggered that back in heyday of comics, someone had the gumption to buy a copy of a comic and keep the free gift on it intact. I know nowadays people do it for the collectors market, but I'm not sure if there was such a market in the late 70's (I wasn't out of nappies, so can't comment  :D ).

I just had the free gift off the cover, played with it and most likely threw it away...

betel_uk

Quote from: SimeonB on 01 June, 2013, 05:24:47 PM
I'm always staggered that back in heyday of comics, someone had the gumption to buy a copy of a comic and keep the free gift on it intact. I know nowadays people do it for the collectors market, but I'm not sure if there was such a market in the late 70's (I wasn't out of nappies, so can't comment  :D ).

I just had the free gift off the cover, played with it and most likely threw it away...

:-[ OK... time to embarrass myself...

I was 10 when 2000AD came out... the prog 1 free gift was lost very quickly... but I bought 3 (yes 3!!!!) copies of prog 2 for the stickers... one set I used but the other 2 I kept...