Main Menu

Judge Dredd - Year One: IDW #3 'All that remains'

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 19 June, 2013, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Again just the two covers for part two folks!

Standard cover - Greg Staples
Retail Incentive cover - Dave Sim & Jay Fotos

'All that remains'
Story by Matt Smith
Pencils & Inks by Simon Coleby
Colours by Leonard O'Grady
Letters by Shawn Lee

This issue is a solid read with lots of story progression and some sublime violence in a few places. I do like the extra pieces placed through the story that give nods to what we know about Justice Department, nothing forced!

The art is spot on again and the page 2/3 splash could almost be from Day of Chaos with the destruction.

Seeing as this took 7 weeks to arrive do we get issue 4 next week ;)

Right, I'm off to read it again and that's before the Prog and Meg :o

Recrewt

Just tell me - WHERE DID HE END UP?  7 weeks - I can't wait any longer! :crazy:

COMMANDO FORCES

Best not post that up, even under a spoiler just yet, as you know that some people will look as the draw is too much and ruin it for themselves!

Recrewt

Sod em!  Don't bow down to the spoiler stasi  ;)

Right, I'll go and get it myself then!

Bat King

My review is up. It is full of spoilers so Recrewt, it answers your question. But for people like me who don't like spoilers... DON'T READ IT!!!

http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/judge-dredd-year-one-part-3-spoilers/
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dodsy

I honestly think that the Greg Staples cover is my favourite Dredd image of all time! Would love a print of it (or, if I could afford it, the original...).
The comic itself is great was really good as well. Looking forward to the final part, whenever it lands. Do we have an E.T.A on it?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Spikes

And after whats seemed an age, mine arrives (along with #7 of the ongoing series).
But boy, ive been so looking forward to reading this issue of Year One.

And that cover,  :thumbsup:

Recrewt

Great review Bat King and at last I know :D

I will definitely be picking this up, it's been a great series so far.  Only downside is I have to go a bit out my way to a comic shop that stocks the IDW stuff!

COMMANDO FORCES

You can pre-order these through eBay shops with free p&p, for a reasonable price.

Recrewt

Maybe I should do that - I don't currently get the main IDW Dredd but I know we have the City of Courts mini-series and the coloured classics coming up, which both look good, so the issue is only going to get worse for me!

Bat King

This mini has been brilliant. I hope we get a Year Two from Matt Smith!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Spikes

Brilliant. Just brilliant. This series really is summat, isnt it. Totally worth the slightly longer wait.
Im hooked, so there had better be some more to come Tharg, after issue four.

But highly recommended is this. The story, and the art are top notch.

moly

Just got this, so much better than the regular IDw series

Colin YNWA

Yeah quite agree only got this last week and now I've read it echo what's said here, how Tharg let's his side kick Matt Smith do more work over at IDW. I'd love to see another series more involved in the formation of the City as we know it. So like Mega City Year One kinda thing.

As it stands though this'll do for now, it most certainly will, would love to see this doing better than the ongoing in the US just to help push that series in the right direction, not happening but would love it too.

Fisticuffs

Just bought issues 1,2 and 3 in one go and read the whole lot in one go too. Excellent stuff, the covers are just gorgeous, especially issue #3, I'd pay for a poster of that anyday. These three issues are so far at least a good as anything in the Prog right now (Don't get the Meg') and a long, long way ahead of the regular IDW Dredd comic.

More please!! :D