Main Menu

On The Blag

Started by El Chivo, 03 September, 2013, 10:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Chivo

Hi peeps

Long time no speakee
Anyone (arty types) got an old copy of Photoshop (7 or up) kicking around i can buy/borrow/have?
(For a Mac)

Or what's the best/easiest free alternative Gimp et al

Cheers

Chi

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: El Chivo on 03 September, 2013, 10:42:35 PM
Or what's the best/easiest free alternative Gimp et al

Well there's always Gimp

http://www.gimp.org/

Professor Bear

Download the trial version off the Adobe website and then blag an activation code from someone (while those still work).
Inkscape and Coreldraw are pretty good alternatives, though the former is freeware.

Jim_Campbell

CorelDraw hasn't been available on the Mac for years...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Suck it, Mac snobs - no-one wants to make nice things for you!

(said the man who just bought an Ubuntu pc)

Banners

You can now get Photoshop via the Creative Cloud for just $9.99 a month apparently.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 05 September, 2013, 07:44:08 AM
You can now get Photoshop via the Creative Cloud for just $9.99 a month apparently.

You'll pry my perpetual license from my cold, dead hands!

(At the end of last month Adobe were emailing me to offer me the full Creative Cloud deal for the price they were asking for a single app subscription a couple of months ago which leads me to hope against hope that uptake hasn't been as enthusiastic as they'd anticipated...)

Cheers

Jim

IndigoPrime

From what I hear, it's more about them finding the right price-points. Kind of like Apple with the iPhone.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 September, 2013, 09:20:28 AM
From what I hear, it's more about them finding the right price-points. Kind of like Apple with the iPhone.

Bah. So much for hope.

There's NO price point that will work for me. Fuckers.

Cheers

Jim

Banners

Quote from: Jim_Campbell

At the end of last month Adobe were emailing me to offer me the full Creative Cloud deal for the price they were asking for a single app subscription a couple of months ago...

Really!?! I never got that.

Fuckers.

El Chivo

Ok so where can i buy a copy of Photoshop 7
I need it for my Mac as my PC is dying & i can't be arsed learning any new programs that are a bit like Photoshop & 7 is the only one i know well
I went on the adobe site & don't know if i'm buying a trial, an add-on (what is that?) or elements (again, wtf is that?)

Please help i am a neandrethal

Cheers

Chi

SuperSurfer

Hi El Chivo

I think the term now is 'join' Photoshop CC. £17.58 per month inc VAT on a one-year or month-to-month plan. 
http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostpopular_uk.html

You can purchase by phone according to that link.

Think I will stick to CS5 for a while.

Jim_Campbell

CS6 can still be purchased as a standalone product.  I will check and see if the slightly dubious workaround to get a free version of CS2 directly from Adobe still works as soon as I'm at my desk (rather than on my phone).

Cheers

Jim

gurnard

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: gurnard on 01 October, 2013, 12:25:15 PM
CS2 is officially now freeware, nothing dubious about it:

No, it's not officially free. I've just been to Adobe's site to check on the the download page — you have to sign in using an Adobe ID and click through an agreement that you already hold a legitimate CS2 license. Adobe have shut down the verification servers for CS2, meaning that they have no way of checking whether you're lying or not, but doesn't change the fact that you need to tell a big, fat porkie to use the software.

Cheers

Jim