Glasgow Comic Con 2014!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 September, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

oh ya beezer!

must dig out my Black Kiss....
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Hannah Berry was utterly delightful to chat to and get a wee sketch from.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

8-Ball

Saturday ticket bought. I went last year and it was as hot as hell. The queue for John and Carlos was so long I'm pretty sure Pete Wells was both in front of me and behind me at one point. If John Wagner and Colin MacNeil are going to be there I'm gonna get my copy of America signed (it was Origins last year.) I look forward to seeing my fellow boarders there.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Eightball on 17 February, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
The queue for John and Carlos was so long I'm pretty sure Pete Wells was both in front of me and behind me at one point.

He's not slim, but he's not THAT big!  ;)

8-Ball

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 February, 2014, 07:30:57 PM
Quote from: Eightball on 17 February, 2014, 07:18:12 PM
The queue for John and Carlos was so long I'm pretty sure Pete Wells was both in front of me and behind me at one point.

He's not slim, but he's not THAT big!  ;)
Seriously, when I was at the back of the queue (outside the CCA in the sunshine) he was chatting to John and Carlos and by the time I got to the front I am sure that he was now in the queue behind me. I thought to myself, "Bloody hell! He really likes getting things signed."
Also, I would like to say a gig ta! to the pleasant chap who gave me a blank page from his sketchbook. Being a total Dredd-head it was a joy getting a Dredd sketch from Carlos.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Judo

we always have a wonderful time in scotland :) hoping to make this and edinburgh book fest if I can get the time off work and other commitments permit.  Its always lovely to meet up with the fanclub so I hope its possible - Go team tooth brigade! X
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Dog Deever

Quote from: Eightball on 17 February, 2014, 07:50:08 PM
Also, I would like to say a gig ta! to the pleasant chap who gave me a blank page from his sketchbook. Being a total Dredd-head it was a joy getting a Dredd sketch from Carlos.

Might have been me*- I remember giving paper out on a couple of occasions- there was a wee girl asked for a sheet and I think someone else did too. On the other hand, it might have been someone else.

*had you said 'scruffy, belligerent looking weirdo' then that was definitely me. Hang on, it was a comic convention... in Glasgow... everyone was scruffy and belligerent looking.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

8-Ball

Quote from: Dog Deever on 05 March, 2014, 05:07:29 PM
Quote from: Eightball on 17 February, 2014, 07:50:08 PM

Might have been me*- I remember giving paper out on a couple of occasions- there was a wee girl asked for a sheet and I think someone else did too. On the other hand, it might have been someone else.

*had you said 'scruffy, belligerent looking weirdo' then that was definitely me. Hang on, it was a comic convention... in Glasgow... everyone was scruffy and belligerent looking.

I'm too polite to call anyone scruffy or belligerent.  :lol:
Whoever it was, I will always give props to anybody that goes out of their way to help out a complete stranger. GCC 2013 was my first ever con experience and I was a wee bit out of my comfort zone so I just looked around for a bit, got stuff signed as mentioned above, went to the Commando panel and then went home. They say it is always easier the second time around so, to all my fellow boarders who are attending this year, if you see a lanky streak of... wearing a "MAKE A DREDD SEQUEL" t-shirt looking uncomfortable then that'll be me. Come and say hello. :D

8-Ball

I thought that I was going to this but it seems that I'm not anymore. Has anybody else got their tickets for this yet? And by that I mean actually received their ticket(s) in the post. :(

Fungus

You're concerned said tickets won't arrive?
No tickets arrived here either but late-in-the-day seems to be the story with advance ticketing.
I wouldn't sweat it.

8-Ball

Quote from: Fungus on 11 March, 2014, 01:25:34 AM
You're concerned said tickets won't arrive?
No tickets arrived here either but late-in-the-day seems to be the story with advance ticketing.
I wouldn't sweat it.

Cheers. I can't remeber the time lag between purchasing and getting them in the post last year. I was just looking at my emails and I realised that it has been nearly three weeks. I guess I'll just have to keep my powder dry. :D

Tiplodocus

Oooh - it looks like I can make this event after all.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Buttonman

Should be! tours of the recently upgraded Beast can be arranged!