Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2014!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 September, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerussell

Where is everyone? Want to meet for drinks?

ZenArcade

Jeez, this is on this weekend. Hope you guys have a ball. Tell Colin McNeill to sell nothing from Prog 738's Dredd and come over to DICE, I'd love to get something from that issue as it's one of my all time fav Dredds. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

judgerussell

I'm still looking a drinking partner.

ZenArcade

C'mon guys we're all waiting with bated breath for some updates. Z
Ps did Russell get a drinking buddy?
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dunk!

So far a few board no-shows (Grr Mr.Wells) and, without the kindness of strangers (Iz and The Whittle), I'm wandering aimlessly.

C'mon folks, I'm a fat bloke in a (fantastic) blue Hawaiian shirt + a lovely (tramp chic) ginger beard.

Don't make we drink alone.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Satanist

Dunk mate, was away for lunch but heading back in. Will be at art school for about 4.

Ive got grey Soylent T-shirt on and grey backpack. Celtic cross tat on forearm and so, so sexy (just added by  the Mrs).

Hope I catch you for a pint (or 3).

Cheers,

Marc
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

8-Ball

My Con experience was pretty much the same as last year: I went. I saw. I went home.

I made the "mistake" of buying two BIG bags of Megazine back issues (Megs 262-284) for £16 quite early on which I then had to humf around for the next five-ish hours.

I got my copy of the America trade signed by Messrs Wagner and MacNeil and I finally got a chance to ask Colin what media he used on America. Believe me when I say that it has bugged me for years.

I was in the presence of Stace and Iz of the Megacast fame but didn't pluck up the courage to introduce myself. I did find myself stifling a giggle on the upper level when Alan Grant was referred to as an "Aging Rockstar."

I went to Wagner & Grant's (how cool is it to type that again?) panel to promote their forthcoming "dirty book." And just by chance I ended up sitting next to the chap who, the previous year, had given me a page from his scrapbook so that I could get a Ezquerra sketch.

I'm pretty sure I was sitting next to a few of my fellow boarders in the bar but since everyone was in the midst of private conversations I didn't want to butt in just in case I made an arse of myself.

All in all, a fun if frustrating day. I hope everyone else had/has a good time.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Fungus

What's the best bar? Need food & beer.
Had to wander away from Sauchiehall St to get a phone reception. Bloody built-up metropolises.

Fungus

Oh Grud this is what it feels like to be Dunk!
O the humanity...

judgerussell

I did find a drinking partner. Two in fact the Mighty Hutch, and Colin MacNeil.

if any boarders are in wetherspoons, I'm the sext bloke in a blue transformers tshjrt. Lol

Dunk!

Quote from: Fungus on 05 July, 2014, 08:17:40 PM
Oh Grud this is what it feels like to be Dunk!
O the humanity...

Dunk! was in Wetherspoons most of the night, ignoring the board.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

I, Cosh

So, exactly a year ago i was just about to fall asleep on the nightbus.

Hope everyone had/is having a good time. To make up for missing it, I'm just back from a nice day out at tge Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival. Or NIFFF.
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 July, 2014, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 03 July, 2014, 04:47:05 PM

We BOTH love this picture so are more than happy to see it posted at every opportunity.  No, really.
'Sright.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Everyone must be out of their heads to post anything up about the first day, apart from 8-Ball. Well done and yes, you never buy a load of stuff at the start, or if you do, ask if you can collect it later ;)

Pete Wells

Can someone tell us more about the Dirty Book? I is excited!

8-Ball

Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 July, 2014, 03:17:35 PM
Can someone tell us more about the Dirty Book? I is excited!

If I remember correctly it's called Lonesome Truckers In Space. It was originally to be called Randy Truckers In Space. Two scripts are completed but Carlos has still to put pencil to paper due to other work priorities. A "Carry On" theme was bandied about so you can probably guess the tone.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.