Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2014!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 September, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt Rhodes

I think your painting is pretty accurate Fungus :)
I was a bit apprehensive regards meeting Howard Chaykin. I spoke to him briefly both days and he was an absolute gent. His panel appearance on the Saturday was entertaining too

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Dunk! on 07 July, 2014, 11:02:26 AM

Then to the bar with Satanist, DogDeever, Dode, Proudhuff who were not only friendly and welcoming but also f**kin hilarious company for the evening. Cheers guys it was a serious pleasure.

Dunk!

Yes. I wasn't particularly bothered about missing the con but I was bothered about missing a night in the pub with these fellas. 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Thats such a nice thing to say. Who are you and what have you done with the real Tips?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

8-Ball

Quote from: stacey on 07 July, 2014, 10:30:28 AM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 05 July, 2014, 06:21:58 PM

I was in the presence of Stace and Iz of the Megacast fame but didn't pluck up the courage to introduce myself. I did find myself stifling a giggle on the upper level when Alan Grant was referred to as an "Aging Rockstar."

Aw dude, we're really not scary it would've been nice if you'd said hello! Hello now anyway!

Hello Stacey and hello everybody else that was there. I was the skinny guy with the buzz-cut, grey hooded top and Make A Dredd Sequel t-shirt. When I go next year I'm going with a name badge.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 07 July, 2014, 05:43:25 PM

Then to the bar with Satanist, DogDeever, Dode, Proudhuff who were not only friendly and welcoming but also f**kin hilarious company for the evening. Cheers guys it was a serious pleasure.

Dunk!

Yes. I wasn't particularly bothered about missing the con but I was bothered about missing a night in the pub with these fellas.

Who do you think we were laughing at?
DDT did a job on me

Dunk!

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 July, 2014, 09:41:19 AM

Dunk!

Ohhhh, that Tips.
"Trust we"

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dunk! on 08 July, 2014, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 July, 2014, 09:41:19 AM

Dunk!

Ohhhh, that Tips.

indeed:

DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Judo

hi guys!!

Another wonderful year at gcon.  Met lots of friends, picked up some funky comics and drank a little too much!

Fun kicked off with Frank Quitely on thursday with BBC documentary 'What do artists do all day?' with a Q&A afterwards.

Friday, drinks with friends which was lovely and sensibly not too late. 

Saturday was tons of fun with the unbeatableJohn Wagner and Alan Grants saucy new sex comedy panel. Hosted by wonderful Stacey Whittle. I got Howard Chaykins siggy on Legend and Peter Milligans on Shade the Changing Man which was nice.

Brunch with Proudhuff and Dode brightened my hangover. Lots of love guys!

Sunday the Breaking the Fourth Wall panel with Peter Milligan, Rufus Dayglo, Jack Teagle, Simon eh transformer and my fave wee John Mcshane. I dont think it was the best subject for a talk but it was interesting all the same and I asked a question as no one else did so thats a bonus.

Also somewhere in there add fabby Colin Macneil, Gary Erskine, Gordon Maclean, Alex Ronald, Iz, satanist, russ and dogdeever. Thanks to everyone and really I mean that - you all made it a weekend to remember!

Big hugs and lots of love x x x x

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Cpt Rhodes

Did anyone hear from Buttonman?
Sounded like he was good to go for GCC. Didn't see or hear from him on the day.

Hope all is well Mr B.

Fungus

Quote from: Alex on 09 July, 2014, 08:58:37 AM
Did anyone hear from Buttonman?
Sounded like he was good to go for GCC.

Not I. Expected to hear from him after leaving my contact number, though it was only going to be an evening thing...

stacey

I texted him late on asking where the sodding sod he was and he said he'd texted earlier to see where we were (which I didn't get) and he was pissed elsewhere and nevermind!

What a thrill sucker eh?

Proudhuff

at least he's consistent, you can always depend on him to withdraw at the last moment (insert Glasgow humour here) 
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Ray Winston! It was Ray Winston!!! I promise I didnt google.

Theres only 2 people will know what this means but its been driving me nuts all this time.

*sobs*

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Satanist on 17 July, 2014, 06:01:24 PM
Ray Winston! It was Ray Winston!!! I promise I didnt google.

Theres only 2 people will know what this means but its been driving me nuts all this time.

*sobs*

Ray Winston! Of course! Doh!!!

... it's been driving me nuts too.

I think I'll go and open a bottle of wine to celebrate. Cheers! :)