Main Menu

No more Comic Heroes

Started by Fungus, 15 July, 2014, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iutley

Necropost!!

Just flicking through Future's new A-Z of Superheroes thing in Smiths and at the bottom of the editorial page is a little box stating that Comic Heroes is coming back - "like Ras Al Ghul from a Lazarus Pit" apparently!

Due in shops on the 9th October. I wonder what has changed to make it viable again when it wasn't this time last year?

Fungus

Grand news, wondered when this would reappear. That Molch-R - a contributor - did say at Glasgow Comic Con it was returning :-) Also curious how it's changed - if at all...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: iutley on 20 July, 2015, 12:01:50 PMDue in shops on the 9th October. I wonder what has changed to make it viable again when it wasn't this time last year?
A certain publisher perhaps finally recognising that nuking its niche brands and branded websites wasn't the path to profitability after all? A pity Dennis hasn't had the same thought regarding MacUser. Hrm.

COMMANDO FORCES

I look forward to seeing what they come up with!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Good news for the comic stripers everywhere!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

locustsofdeath!

This is great news - Comic Heroes was always good to my comic, El Bigote, and other small pressers.

Theblazeuk

Good news. The management of SFX/Comic Heroes has been a bit baffling.

Gamesradar mainly the source of my bemusement.

Fungus

COMMANDO FORCES

I've ordered the relaunch issue and now just wait to see if it gets damaged in the post, to see if it's back to picking it off the shelves in Smith's!

Colin YNWA

Well given its a comics magazine seems curiously they didn't launch it as an All New All Different issue no. 1!

Tjm86

Giving this a miss.  I was within a hairs breadth of cancelling it before they folded last time round.  It tended to be more of a current Marvel Superhero film promo most of the time.  Their article about the Apocalypse War was particularly poor I thought.  About as much depth as one of the poorer Titan graphic novel introductions.

Neo Yahtzee

Looking forward to this I have to say. It was the only magazine devoted to comic books rather than two pages lip service you would get at the end of SFX or Sci Fi Now review sections. Those magazines are obsessed with film and tv shows.

Spaceghost

All I have to say is this - EIGHT QUID???
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

amines2058

Any websites for the re-launch issue showing content etc etc. Am curious but would like to know what is in this before splashing out

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Spaceghost on 08 October, 2015, 03:18:11 PM
All I have to say is this - EIGHT QUID???
Low readership. Niche. High production values. Bespoke content. Even run-of-the-mill games mags are in the seven/eight quid ballpark now. Computer mags are usually six or more, for 100 or so pages, a chunk of which may well be standing copy.