Main Menu

Your Very First Forum Post.

Started by locustsofdeath!, 11 December, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

March 2002.  Being snide about Future Shocks.

You have to fast forward about twelve years before I stop acting like a dick.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ming

Quote from: ming on 28 July, 2004, 10:34:36 PM
Yaaawwwn!  Snum frum.

Eh? Where did this long white beard come from?

Rip van Mingle

Obviously not my first post but that's the first one that shows up.  I guess we lost some threads and posts at some point; my first posts predated that by a few months I think.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ming on 12 December, 2014, 01:10:40 PM
Obviously not my first post but that's the first one that shows up.  I guess we lost some threads and posts at some point; my first posts predated that by a few months I think.

Go back even one page and you've got posts from March 2004. That's what I had to do with mine - look at the whole of the last few pages and try to find the post with the earliest date.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 03 November, 2002, 11:08:06 PM
My twelve year old would love a Judge Dredd Quilt cover & curtains combo (Carlos or Bolland)

I 'think' this is my first post... Nov 03rd 2002- the night I registered with the site. Took a little finding.

ming

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 December, 2014, 01:32:41 PM
Quote from: ming on 12 December, 2014, 01:10:40 PM

Go back even one page and you've got posts from March 2004. That's what I had to do with mine - look at the whole of the last few pages and try to find the post with the earliest date.

Ah!  Having looked, there are posts from March 2004 but none of them appear to be a first post... Anyway, assume it was hilarious and informative at the same time, whatever it was.

Mardroid

This is the first post that shows up on my list of posts, although I don't think it was my first:

QuoteNames don't bother me that much. I sometimes think they're silly, even bad, but they don't spoil the story for me.

I never quite got how Rogues pals just happened to have the right names for the chip places they were going to go. Then again they have the chip from the start, so I guess it could be argued they were designed for designated places from the get go.

Come to think of it, it's kinda that the trooper who ended up going rogue had that name too innit? Forgetting where his chip would end up I mean.

(This is pure speculation though. My only experience with Rogue has been the computer game, and a couple of small comics, 1 being a the P J Holden gag strip above. I wonder what special services BUTTPLUG gives? Probably best not to think)

I think my first, or at least near first (possibly under the name of 'Mardredd' although I don't know how to check posts under that name) was actually responding to a post from Peter Wolf about supernatural stuff and I made reference to dangers of opening oneself to demonic possession. Someone got offended and got rather cross with me assuming I was disregarding the reality of mental health issues and 'living in the dark ages'. (Incidentally, I still have reason to believe both are real, but maybe I should have been more careful with my posting.)

I was a bit sore about it being my first post, and all, but I'm glad I stuck around as you by large seem a nice bunch. Including the chap who had a go at me. (I forget who it was but I think he is still here.)

In my search of earlier posts I came across this one. It was responding to the idea of Hugh Grant playing Johnny Alpha in a movie. Slightly shocked at what a dirty boy I can be sometimes, hee hee.

QuoteThat'd be the curly hair.

Could you imagine that though. "Huh ya right. I'm gonna totally pop those rascals, get loads of dosh and have a Devine time."

"Ho no Red, keep those fangs sheethed, whilst your down there.". (Possibly went to far there..)

(Imagine with posh accent to get the gist. Quite poor actually.)

These posts were from around 2008. I appear to have actually joined in 2007 though.

Buttonman

I don't think this was my first as I seem a bit cocksure for a newbie. If anyone remebers this was a thread about a author trying to recruit members to his 'Street Team'.

Quote from: Buttonman on 03 March, 2006, 03:55:31 AM
Heartless bastards. Steve/Steven has been good enough to endulge our fanboy sniping and even responded to frankly disrespectful suggestions about his work, ethics,street gang and even appearance. Let's call a halt and embrace him to our community, sad as it is.

On an unrelated note has anyone ever seen an Amazons sales rank higher than this:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #3,794,771

I didn't think there were that many things in the world! Only just behind a pamphlet on molesting badgers.

Woolly

QuotePersonally, I thought The Scrap started superbly, and was shaping up to be great when it suddenly ended in a fashion that can only be described as toss. Shame really! 10/10 for the art tho!

This would appear to be mine, from way back in October 2002.
Ironically, I can't seem to remember The Scrap - was it the one with Richard Elson artwork?

Sadly, my posts never really got better than that!

judda fett

11 August, 2002, 02:49:44 AM ยป

Did anyone ever get hold of the figures Mattel released after the Dedd movie? Ive only seen pictures of them. They had a few good characters including the comic version of Dredd, Death, Mean Machine and various other characters from the comics. Just wondering if anyone actually owns any of them?

This one is mine it would seem (don't think I ever introduced myself here properly just got stuck in). Its about toys/ models which doesn't surprise me.

I was Judge Fett then too. Only switched allegiance to Judda the past couple of years due to the weight of Judges that seemingly flooded the board. I've only ever had this avatar also. How many of you can remember all your names and avatars?*

* Good luck Sauchie/ Bikini/ State if you attempt to answer that!

Dunk!

The earliest one I can find is October 2003, but I don't feel it's the earliest post I made.

Anyway it's quite rude about a 2000ad artist - it was a different board back then - so I won't repost it.

The earliest memory of this place i have is me being a minor troll taking advantage of a new anonymity on the net... and 'cos I was a bit of a dick.

How times change.

Dick!
"Trust we"

Ancient Otter

QuoteI don't want to rain on anybodys parade but the Button Man collection has a number one on it's spine too and where are the two sequels to that story?

I think this is correctly my first post, from the Pimping the Trades: Carver Hale/Lobster Random thread, from 01/06/2005, which included the hopeful plea from The Amstor Computer:

QuoteFinally, the "01" on the spine indicates that we might see more Lob collections, and that can only be a good thing: roll on Lobster Random Vol. 2: Tooth and Claw!

Minkyboy

May 2009 for me talking about the haunting of sector house 9 and delurking at the same time.

Quote from: Minkyboy on 13 May, 2009, 09:19:42 PM
...that was my first experience of Dredd, when as an impressionable 9 year old my dad bought me my first 2000AD.
Shortly afterwards Dekker became one of my heroes and she still is, despite the tragic waste of killing her off in the sub-standard Judgement Day, at least she died stoically, with her boots on like a good Judge should.

Tooth has had me in it's grip ever since. I redecorated my ceiling with prog covers 380-500 as a kid (ouch), infected my uni mates with my addiction, stopped reading for that bit in the 90's and have had a sub for the last 4 years or so. I was even tempted by the freebies and subscribed to the Meg this year for the first time too.

I've been lurking here for years, since the days before DD went walkabout, when Bou and Trout were in their rampant prime and all was young and fresh with the world. Don't know what is making me come out really. The new board is if anything even friendlier, lots of new blood being welcomed and I have the shared issues of a common age, young kids, cynicism and a love of 2000AD.

Oh and I know about naked Sundays. And your cheeseburgers are in the post Godpleton.

Minky
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Something Fishy

Over 13 years ago now

Got to agree.  It is a cracking prog.

I have only recently returned to 2000AD and am pleased to see it has grown up more than i have in the last 10 years.  Powerful stuff.

Proudhuff

This seems a bit pushy for a first post:

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 October, 2003, 08:39:53 PM
haha!

The joy of not watching much TV is that one doesn't see much o' this shit.
and when I do have to watch 'em I use the mute button, which makes them so much better, you can even play the 'what the feck is that advert for?' game, which is nice

Marty 'Robbins' Huff
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

There are two things wrong with Mr Huff's post there. Firstly and probably most importantly you've changed your picture. DEAR GOD I fear change at the best of times but this is too much.

Secondly I now know you are called Martin (or at least I'm assuming that is what Marty is short for). You shouldn't be a Martin (or Marty) that doesn't feel right to me.

Can you take it all back...

... no, why would that be self important, rude and selfish I think its surely something we can all agree on?