Main Menu

Internet Eploere Playing Up....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 24 April, 2015, 11:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Has been playing up since late last night or early this morning.

It's any wonder I have beén able to get to this web-site, or here

I'm not sure how many other web-pages/site I can access, but every time I try to open a page like...

Yahoo Mail,

You-Tube,

Google, the page where you just use the search engine. It only ever opens when I switch the computer on!

My internet seems to be otherwise fine, except for this.

This on only one computer, there are two other working the house that use the same network.

One of them is my better one, but sometimes prefer to use this one because the lighting is better in here.

Haven't really figured out if it's doing the same thing on them.

I was having a problem that was or may be virus related before I finally decided to download free version of AVG and AVAST anti-virus and it was only when I started scanning this system and removing Apts and Add-ons that seemed to be or really were making the computer un-responsive. YOu see Norton wasn't working that well and I guess it needed help.

ThryllSeekyr

I keep getting this message when trying to open a webpage....

This page can't be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to http://www.youtube.com  again. If this error persists, contact your site administrator.

Change settings

Funny thing is the setting are already set to these and even when change them.

It doesn't make a difference.

Fungus

Have you ever been to any disreputable sites, or clicked on a link ?

Ghost MacRoth

What sort of anti-virus and malware protection are you running?
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Professor Bear

If you want to use the most up-to-date version of Internet Explorer, just go download the version of Firefox that was out two years ago.

Joking aside, download Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy, reboot in safe mode and run them both.  If you're having connection problems, try downloading them with a different browser and if that doesn't work, download them via another PC onto a flash drive and then transfer the setup files to your dodgy PC.
Also bear in mind that occasionally, most internet providers will provide shitty service for one reason or another and your problems might just be a poor connection that will clear up in a day or two.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Bear on 25 April, 2015, 12:20:49 AM
If you want to use the most up-to-date version of Internet Explorer, just go download the version of Firefox that was out two years ago.

That.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Fungus on 25 April, 2015, 12:02:28 AM
Have you ever been to any disreputable sites, or clicked on a link ?

:D  :-[  ;)

Misanthrope

The problem is: you are using Internet Explorer.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Misanthrope on 25 April, 2015, 09:53:03 PM
The problem is: you are using Internet Explorer.

Waiting for somebody to suggest I change my browser. I think they all have their own up and owns, no matter which one you choose and I have been using this one for so long. It just too weird to change right now.

Ghost MacRoth

I thought the same till I switched to firefox, which compared to IE, has no issues at all.  It works the same, with the only thing still throwing me after a month is that firefox calls my favorites my bookmarks.   Just can't quite get used to that simple change for some reason!