Main Menu

Six Hours Without Any Power..

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 30 July, 2015, 07:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

The local power board had decided to cut ours. Since nearly a hour ago we've had it back on and during those six hours I had finally decided to clear the room, where the computer, the television, my consoles, my movie DvD's and games, the couch where I sleep and most of my books, novels, comics, action figures and maquettes are kept.

My been keeping this room like mini-skip since late last year due to my extreme laziness brought on by on and off bouts of depression and it got to the point where I just didn't notice the mess.

All my good stuff was safely piled on the shelves, there were some pile of books that I had just haphazardly piled on wooden I had ben using for couch side table and there was stuff like clothing, shores, thongs, slippers, containers, boxes, paper just piled in the centre of the room just below eye level when I recline on the couch to watch television without it being too much of a problem.

Otherwise, this pile of stuff had prevented me from ever reaching the opposite window, my consoles, and the television without climbing over stuff and possibly ruining it. Some of my old computer games magazines, (PC Gamer,  Card-Collecting magazines (Imphobia  and [/b]Scrye[/b]), movie magazines (I think this one was called Film and I 'm not if it's still being sold at the cinemas where I used to pick these up.)  were a bit scuffled and bent.

None of the 2000AD (Partically the Slaine's novels and old bog roll issues that I consider priceless!) magazines got mixed up in that pile. Like I wrote, all that stuff is up on the shelves. Which I need more of and more room!

Yet, I did find pile of books and magazines (Those other non 2000AD magazines I already, some role-playing-game manuals (Tales from Floating Vagabond with it's Bar-Wars game-master screen supplement!) and that 500 graphic novel that I had noticed that went missing a few weeks ago with that other rare graphic novel that reappeared as well.

Anyway since late last year, I I have been walking around this room with only enough to reach to computer or couch or door  in slowly rising sea of Coke-Zero cans & bottles, Milk bottles & cartons, chocolate bar wrappers, potatoe chip bags, plastic and ceramic plates discarded while eating on the computer. A lot empty microwave meal containers. The latter would be salvaged ever so often when my father noticed a lot ceramic plates missing. As well, as lot a metallic and plastic cutlery which I have now place on the desk in front of me underneath the monitor.

Now the couch has a lot of stuff dumped on it, but I have been going through that not long before we got our power back. and then I ad switch the telly and pc back on and share my day wit5h you all here, because I simply couldn't stand sitting in  darkened room throwing my discarded refuse into garbage bags. I think there was nearly four of them along with heaps of soft-drink cartons.

The room is still cluttered, but the worst of it is has been taken care of.

Strangely, I haven't had a problem with Cockroaches or any other noticeable vermin, despite my carelessness. We used to have mice and roaches, but never since we started using those zappers that you can plug into electric sockets. They are supposed to generate a field that keeps them away them all.   

The other problem is my current placement of the computer desk which is kind of facing the couch , but diagonally. I can watch the telly while I'm on it if I glance around the left hand side of my computer tower when ever I please. Yet, I find it easier to watch the television from the couch. The television itself is facing the couch and the computer diagonally from the opposite corner of the room. I can now walk there with out strategically putting my feet on the pile of junk without breaking or damaging stuff.

There is still plenty of cans, bottles, and other containers lying around my feet, but I will take care of those soon after I finish commenting here. The only problem is that the computer is positioned in such a way that when ever I need to go outside or to the couch I have to squeeze between the desk it sits on and wall whee it's plugged in. There have ben a few times where this arrangement has resulted in me knocking the plug out. Which is terrible if I'm in the middle of a game (Happened twice while playing the Witcher Three yesterday, replying to a forum and uploading videos which can destroy nearly a week of waiting for them to do this. This was frustrating yesterday, when it happened numerous times after I moved the extension cord in more awkward position that would catch the tip of my toes every time I shifted. Yet, this arrangement also allows me to get around the back of my machine very efficiently.

Yet, this is best I can do, since it's restricted by placing of cable connection socket that is the source of my internet.   

Getting tired now, and really need to on the couch for a bit, and may have to put more clutter on the floor. 

Much happier now, and may be able to concentrate on more productive outside projects now that I'm so restricted here.

Yes, I know it's my fault, but I'm only human  ;) 

ThryllSeekyr

Looking at the couch after hopping off the computer, I signed as I saw how much junk (Not really junk, but tuff  still need!) left my couch. So last night, before  I went to bed...  I put some t away, but still a lot back on floor.

So the room's a bit like it was before, but not so bad. I will try today.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Again, this is more like blog material instead of a forum post. I beleive wordpress an blogspot
Are fairly easy to sign up for
You may quote me on that.

Skullmo

Love these posts!

Draw a map of the room - like you would get in the fighting fantasy books
It's a joke. I was joking.

shaolin_monkey

You turn right into a dank corner. You find a stack of hidden treasures you left there last Thursday about eight o'clock. It is guarded by a mutated pizza fungi.

To attack with disinfectant and trowel, turn to page 18.

To back away slowly, promising to return when you're really hungry, turn to page 102.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Doctor Pops on 30 July, 2015, 09:49:03 PM
Again, this is more like blog material instead of a forum post. I beleive wordpress an blogspot

It's posted in the off topic section where it belongs.

Post away, Mayor! I'm glad you had a productive day! Tell us about tomorrow!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Doctor Pops on 30 July, 2015, 09:49:03 PM

Okay, I will look into that!

Quote from: SkullmoLove these posts!

Draw a map of the room - like you would get in the fighting fantasy books

Okay I'm just not going  give out a map to everybody, would be thieves lurking on this forums would take too much advantage that.

Yet, I did make a video earlier this year, where my room was just almost just as messy. In this video, I'm sitting at my computer facing the other corner of room where the couch is along the wall to it's right at right angles to door along wall on the left side of me and the television is in the corner to the right of the wall on my right hand side.

Toe-Cutting

hippynumber1

Quote from: Skullmo
Yet, I did make a video earlier this year,

Toe-Cutting

Was that the epic 'Battle of the Cardboard Box' video? That's still my favourite...

Woolly

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 31 July, 2015, 05:59:59 AM
Okay I'm just not going to give out a map to everybody, would be thieves lurking on this forums would take too much advantage that.

Scarper lads, we've been rumbled!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Woolly on 31 July, 2015, 09:06:50 AM
Okay I'm just not going to give out a map to everybody, would be thieves lurking on this forums would take too much advantage that.

Scarper lads, we've been rumbled!

I got me a Slaine beanie!

Jim_Campbell

Okay I'm just not going  give out a map to everybody, would be thieves lurking on this forums would take too much advantage that.

You're directly out of your fucking mind! You know that!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

I think this is a quality thread, but it does make me itch to tackle the progmound beside my bed, just in case there's a copy of Conquering Armies down there somewhere...

ZenArcade

Not safe his progs; lost his Beanie is. A map of his Crannog the Fomorian foes have divined; and the father Sun, Crom Coach has caused to dim.
A red mist descends and the earth goddess moves the Thryll Seeker to mad murder with his axe potent and true.
Don't you worry TS keep posting (although maybe not so many pubescent boy photos). Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Grugz on 31 July, 2015, 06:17:04 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 31 July, 2015, 03:03:16 PM
(although maybe not so many pubescent boy photos). Z

wtf?

Yeah Zen, wtf? Don't discourage TS, his dreamy ephebe photo-essays are a highlight!  ;)