Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 26 July, 2020, 10:30:19 AM
The last hour!  Still holding up.

They're still podding
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Colin YNWA

And cut.

That was an EPIC effort.

Sheridan did you watch all of that? You always seemed to be there whenever I was. If so an almost equal effort!

sheridan

I'd planned on being there live for the whole lot, but that plan was spoiled when I woke up with a headache yesterday :-(

I ended up listening to it up to about 02:30 this morning for Steve G's spot, then got a few hours sleep so I could start up again at 07:00 so I'd be awake for my spot at 08:00.

sheridan

I was paranoid that I'd oversleep and miss my spot!

Echidna

Amazing work, guys. Looking forward to catching up on the bits I missed, and that Dead Man reveal tomorrow!

Sorry for bringing down the tone by bringing up White Fire

Dandontdare

late to the party - trying to watch the catch up but so frustrating - my shitty broadband keeps buffering. Issue 1 was great fun though!

sheridan

Quote from: Echidna on 26 July, 2020, 11:02:05 AM
Amazing work, guys. Looking forward to catching up on the bits I missed, and that Dead Man reveal tomorrow!

Sorry for bringing down the tone by bringing up White Fire

I don't think you were the only one to draw that parallel (I'd never heard of it before).

The Monarch

starlord being a war criminal will forever be my head cannon :lol:

sheridan

Quote from: The Monarch on 26 July, 2020, 02:19:25 PM

That story had come out before I got to Starlord in my slog, and it's difficult to read all those letters from militaristic children without thinking 'child soldier' and 'war crime' :)

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 26 July, 2020, 02:49:43 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on 26 July, 2020, 02:19:25 PM

That story had come out before I got to Starlord in my slog, and it's difficult to read all those letters from militaristic children without thinking 'child soldier' and 'war crime' :)

1970s celebrity who has contact with children has to disappear suddenly without adequate explanation would put another complection on it...

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and fourteenth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 660-663 of 2000AD, covering December of 1989. This episode the 90s have begun, with returns for Bradley, Slaine, and Future Shocks, the premiere of Bix Barton, and revelations in Chopper, The Dead Man, and Judge Dredd!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

The Monarch

i love fox his reaction to dredd man was fantastic

The Monarch

damn can't believe i forgot to put this into my last post but conrads stranger by the dozen sense is on point there steve ditto is indeed a nod and a wink to the amazing spiderman/dr strange creator

WhizzBang

Thanks Conrad! In fact, a special thanks for having the energy to put this out on the various platforms following the 24 hour Starlord event. I was only able to tune in for 2 hours as I was at a family event/barbecue thing and had to be social but it was fun as always.

This was the episode I have been looking forward too for a long time and I think Dredd has a good chance of being top thrill for the majority of the coming weeks. It wasn't a disappointment and I think the Block Mania comparison (as a lead in to something much bigger) is a good one.

This is my first time with Bix Barton and I am enjoying it, but can see how it may not travel so well to those not exposed to the ridiculous early 20th century Wodehousian slang. I always enjoy this kind of language but it is always used ironically so I don't know if people ever really spoke like that. It is probably an exageration.