Main Menu

What's up with the NEW tags?

Started by Dandontdare, 21 July, 2020, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I tend to navigate from the Active Topics page, which helpfully tells me which topics have been updated since I last looked, but this function seems to be erratic at best recently - They don't disappear when you have looked at the topic, so each time I refresh I think there are new replies, but there aren't. They do update eventually, which suggests someone is manually refreshing several times a day at their end? I dunno, but it's irksome.

Bolt-01

I tend to leave the top six or seven topics as unread -- otherwise I keep thinking they are new.

As we've all said before, there are some odd things going on here, but the web-droids are busy.

Colin YNWA

Lots of folks use Active Topics but I'm a died in the wool 'Unread Topics' chap. It has also started to develop little oddities of not clearing things I've read. I find if I go into that post again click on the linkie to the top post in that thread (oh and when I say top I mean latest - I have my account to set up to put the newest posts at the top of a thread) that seems to sort that out.