Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 6 - VCs vs Fiends of the [Various] Fronts

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 September, 2022, 06:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by David Bishop

VCs - more info

VS

Fiends - more info

What If two thrills that wouldn't lie down met up. Both these thrills seemed to have their last appearance in 1980. But good thrills never stay dead (fitting in one case in particular!). VCs came back 22 years later; Fiends waited a little longer waiting 26 years. Both were fun in the 'classic' era, but came back to be something even better (opinion!). But which is best?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 24th September and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

AlexF

Easy peasy for the VCs.

The classic era versions are neck and neck for me, but the reboots are no contest.

Dark Jimbo

I think the first VCs run is one where 'you had to be there.' I read it recently and it was... fine. I loved the first series of Abnett's revival, but I think that had a lot to do with Henry Flint, because my interest quickly dwindled there, too.

Fiends hasn't all been plain sailing, but there's no doubt it's had far, far more moments of greatness than VCs has ever managed.
@jamesfeistdraws

paddykafka

Rogue Judge

Fiends of the Eastern Front (but the first two series...and novels. I don't care much for the new/current Fiends).

Colin YNWA

Relatively quiet here which is a shame as its an exciting tie between two great, timeless thrills head to head and close. Those last day votes will make a difference so get um in.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"