Main Menu

FFT - What if? Derby Week Tie 16 - Tyranny Rex vs Indigo Prime

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 September, 2022, 06:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.
Created by abelardsnazz

Tyranny Rex - more info

VS

Indigo Prime - more info

What if we'd got the derby ties I always hoped for? NuEarth is of course the venue for this warring clash. Which story under the dark lights of the black sun is the forum's favourite?

b]To Vote[/b] Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 2nd October and the winner gets a place ... well nowt this is just for fun.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Hold on I thought all this nonsense was over? Well yeah but... see well I've explained that

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Tyranny Rex is an odd one. I enjoyed that UC book more than I thought I would – at least, once I got past the first few stories with their dated pop references. The nunnery one was harrowing. The comeback one with, IIRC, Yeowell on art was a great rebook that sadly went nowhere. Indigo Prime, though, just has more in every sense and so nudges it for me. Closer than I'd have thought, mind. And I wish John Smith would start writing for the Prog again. He's much missed.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

AlexF

I too had a jooyful experience reading the Tyranny Rex collection. I believe I finally understood what was going on, even in Soft Bodies! Even in the final epsiode of Soft Bodies! Am quite proud of myself. And the stories were entertainging and weird.

But, y'know, Killing Time.

Indigo Prime, man.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Indigo Prime. But only for the first few series, not the modern one.

SBT

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 29 September, 2022, 06:26:58 PM
Indigo Prime. But only for the first few series, not the modern one.

SBT

What he said. Indigo Prime.  Or Void Indigo as it used to be.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Not much happening here. get the votes in if you fancy and I'll count up in the morning.

Magnetica

paddykafka

Tyranny never did anything for me, and while the recent iteration of IP left me cold - none of the characters really appealed to me -  I did marvel at the incredible artwork. And for Killing Time alone - one of the best ever Tooth stories IMHO -  I'm going to cast my vote in favour of Indigo Prime.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

I mean Indigo Prime was always going to win this. Its magnificent. Tyranny Rex was great fun, then curious then magnificent and I guess its the curious path the strip has taken that mark it as less popular than Indigo Prime.

Indigo Prime

Comfortably takes this one.