Main Menu

North Korea - are we a little bit scared, or not?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 09 April, 2013, 03:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I'm just waiting for someone to lose the ignition key as they begin the count down.

The Doctor Alt 8

It's all bluff with these people. seriously they just don't have the money or resorces and until the populatin rises up and disposes of their "great leaders" the Jong-Ills we are stuck with having to listen to them.

Still... it's good for a laugh

Professor Bear

The problem is that they don't think they're bluffing.  The worry here in the West (and the rest of the East) is that no-one really knows to what extent they believe what they're shovelling.  South Korea is the sensible one and it gave us PSY, so clearly all bets with that lot are off.

Spikes

After all the recent, and considerable, hullabaloo, its now all gone very quiet on the North Korean news front.
Something's afoot....

JayzusB.Christ

Aye, and I reckon it's this:  Fatty Kim has just remembered his weapons are shit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Just had a discussion with a girl in college. She genuinely believes the Korea issue is just smoke and mirrors and it's actually the yanks who want China and are closing in around it by having basis in every nation around it. I fear for my friends.

Professor Bear

You know what?  Fuck North Korea.  I could take it in a fight, one at a time or all at once, doesn't bother me how they want their lamping, but it's coming if they don't wise up.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 20 May, 2013, 08:25:56 PM
You know what?  Fuck North Korea.  I could take it in a fight, one at a time or all at once, doesn't bother me how they want their lamping, but it's coming if they don't wise up.

I'd bet a million North Korean Won that he could do it too!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 20 May, 2013, 08:25:56 PM

Go on, big man!

Zarjazzer

And didn't they call your pint a milkshake Professor James T Bear ? I'm sure that's what Dear Blobby Leader  was saying.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Hawkmumbler

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 May, 2013, 08:42:44 PM
After all the recent, and considerable, hullabaloo, its now all gone very quiet on the North Korean news front.
Something's afoot....

The Norts plans got kiboshed by a blue-skinned man with a talking gun, helmet and backpack?

NapalmKev

Arriving a bit late on this one, but in answer to the original question:

I really don't think N. Korea, Iran, or any other nation is actually inclined towards global Armmageddon.
A lot of it is bluster, combined with scare-mongering from Western governments that seem determined to paint any Nation ( that doesn't agree with their own ideals) as a 'rogue state' (an ambiguous term that doesn't mean anything really).

At ground level people mostly get on fine, It's only when governments and the media get involved that everything becomes an 'end of the world' scenario!

Cheers, and Peace!
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"