Main Menu

Internships?

Started by sean, 04 April, 2012, 01:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean

This is more for someone that works in the company than anyone else, but other advice is welcome if offered. I'm wondering if 2000 AD offers internships, or a program like it, preferably over the summer. I'm a student working through my junior year at an art college, and if anybody with ANY information on the aforementioned topic could get back to me, that would be greatly appreciated.

I know a lot of us here are working towards the same goal (getting our work noticed and appreciated by 2000 AD), so any advice from any success stories could definitely help out here, and, hell, could probably help out others, too. 2000 AD, being the company it is, doesn't have just one person looking for an internship within its walls.

Anyway, if somebody up there does read this and has the time, please reply, either here or via email. The link to my blog (with work) is chilling below.

http://seanmonaghan.blogspot.com/

Emperor

Welcome, nice work on your blog - you'll fit in here just fine.

On the intern question, the nerve centre droids are better placed to answer your question. If no one pitches in then it can't hurt to fire them a letter (address in the prog).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Richmond Clements

S'a good idea to be sure.
Of course, if they don't, there's always drawing and writing experience to be had in the myriad Small Press titles...

Pete Wells

Some beautiful work on your blog there Sean, I love the mix of media and styles.

I'd be happy to see you in my prog...

mygrimmbrother

Can't offer any advice on internships I'm afraid but you've got one hell of an impressive blog there Sean. Keep up the good work my man and Tharg will end up coming after you!  :)

Molch-R

I'm afraid 2000 AD doesn't offer internships at this time.

Roger Godpleton

I'm always looking for people who can open food packaging.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Syne

That is a great blog, excellent work!

Juulsgaard

Wauw! I really like your blog. Just love Gary Busey - did you think about contacting him (his agent) with a link to the portrait. He would be pleased  :D

Frank

Say it ain't so, Molch-R; the kid's ready to move up to The Big Show. You really socked a few dingers there, son; but I'm worried about your anatomy. You been hanging out in the locker room with Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds?

You've got a natural aptitude for outrageous exaggeration and grotesquerie, but your Animal Farm piece demonstrates a grasp of the subtelties of composition and a sophisticated wit beyond your tender years.