Main Menu

Tokyo Ghost

Started by Jim_Campbell, 23 September, 2015, 04:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

No love for Rick Remender & Sean Gordon Murphy's new mental SF adventure? Remender specifically name-checks Dredd as an influence, and I think it shows. Great first issue. Thoroughly recommended.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Adventurer

I'm going to try issue 1 I think. I've yet to have a Remender title click with me properly.

But god damn do I love Murphy.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Fungus

It's been teed up, expect to love it. With the exception of Deadly Class which I find a bit off-putting in the art department, RR's Image stuff is fantastic. Low probably the pick of the bunch, another highly recommended.

Judge Nutmeg

Loved first issue, the become a super hero shop was pure Marshal Law, and  some bits reminded me of the film gamer.

Link Prime

First issue was solid, and deserves a couple more for me.
I like Remender's Image work well enough (Black Science, Low), but I've never been compelled to follow it, just picking up the odd trade or digital collection here and there.

His 35 issue stint on Uncanny X-Force on the other hand- that I loved.
For me, the last enjoyable X-Men story I've read (and possibly ever will).

As for SGM- always stunning to look at.
Reading this just made me ache for his depiction of Mega City One.

jacob g

First issue is fun read and while I'm not a fun of current Remender books (with Deadly Class as a only exception) this seems to have potential for something more (like Last Days Of American Crime or Fear Agent).

Oh and Murphy is great for this book.
margaritas ante porcos

Link Prime

Image are releasing a rather gorgeous looking Artists Proof edition of 1 & 2 next week.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/image-giant-sized-artists-proof-edition-tokyo-ghost-1-2