Main Menu

Doctor Who - The Day of The Doctor - 50th Special.

Started by Goaty, 11 September, 2013, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieHitler

I have not watched Dr Who for the last five years is that a bad thing?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: charleswalter1860 on 23 November, 2013, 05:04:32 PM
I have not watched Dr Who for the last five years is that a bad thing?

Not if you don't like it it's not.
I've never seen The X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, I'm A celebrity, Big Brother, or Britain's Got Talent (which I understand is an oxymoron).
I know I would not like them so it's no biggie that I haven't seen them.

GrinningChimera

2 hours 50 mins to go here. Or 9am in my time. There are few reasons not to get wankered on a Saturday night. And a morning showing of a Doctor Who special is one of them.

Mattofthespurs

Just finished watching 'Me, You and Doctor Who: A Culture Show Special' which aired on Thursday night on BBC 3 I believe.
Superb documentary and a great build up to the big special.
My Son is bouncing off the walls in anticipation.
Just over two hours to go.
I dearly hope they don't fuck it up!

Mattofthespurs

JamesC

auxlen

the matt smith appearance actually made me blub. I watched the doc as Hartnels story tbh and in that sense it worked and i am usually as coldly cynical as they come.

shaolin_monkey

Who remembers that interminable wait, when you had to sit through Grandstand and then Basil bloody Brush, before Dr Who came on?  It's like that all over again, isn't it?!?

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 November, 2013, 04:05:46 PM
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that An Adventure In Space And Time was the single greatest thing I have ever seen, full stop. Yes, it was in no sense historically accurate- but I don't give a bucket of buggery,

Best review yet, just for the last line! 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 23 November, 2013, 07:03:43 PM
Who remembers that interminable wait, when you had to sit through Grandstand and then Basil bloody Brush, before Dr Who came on?  It's like that all over again, isn't it?!?
It is indeed. Ive been watching it since 1973...The wait is interminable

Ghost MacRoth

If I say I rather liked grandstand AND basil brush, do I have to go sit in a corner?
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Mabs

Ooh, just 10 minutes to go! My son is going crazy as he can't wait!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie