Main Menu

LAWLESS: A Celebration Of British Comics 2019

Started by Andy Lambert, 20 January, 2019, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Big group from Belfast coming over. The way things are going now we'll be coming from another country ;) We've booked a table and will be launching Issue Five of Sector 13 (Belfasts 2000AD Fanzine). The craic will be lethal. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bolt-01

issue 5 already? Bloomin' ada.

I'll have a table this year (my first at a Lawgiver/Lawless) with copies of Zarjaz, Dogbreath as well as the latest FutureQuake & Something Wicked too.

I've also been invited to reprise my role in creating the convention programme too.

Should be a grand day out.

Mardroid

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 22 January, 2019, 11:28:20 PM
Absolutely worth considering, Mardroid - and attending! It's a great event - lot's of drinking, lots of laughs, lots of social interaction with the guests, artwork and merchandise to buy, costumers and props for photo opportunities. The weekend just goes too quickly and I usually feel the post-con blues when going home, but I'd be going home with signed artwork, happy memories and new friends made. I can't wait for May to come around!

I've added some photos from last year's Lawgiver - they're not the best photos but they'll hopefully whet your appetite...! ;)

Thanks Andy! Looks like a riot (in a good way).

Andy Lambert

It's a riot in the best way! ;)

Two more guests have been announced - KEK-W and Abigail Bulmer...!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

Indeed - I can't remember the chap's name but he always does amazingly inventive cosplay - it's not just the batshit-crazy ideas, it' the attention to detail, down to the colour of the jacket and the tablecloth - it was a fully working glove puppet too. He did Hewligan's Haircut for the 40th!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 January, 2019, 11:57:21 PM
He did Hewligan's Haircut for the 40th!
Saw that guy coming up the escalator when I went down to register in the morning. Class.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 January, 2019, 08:32:54 AM
Saw that guy coming up the escalator when I went down to register in the morning. Class.

Wow!  I had no idea they were both the same guy!

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 23 January, 2019, 10:33:16 PM
Big group from Belfast coming over. The way things are going now we'll be coming from another country ;) We've booked a table and will be launching Issue Five of Sector 13 (Belfasts 2000AD Fanzine). The craic will be lethal. Z

You had the first three last year, didn't you?  Hope you bring copies of issue four as well (yes, I know it's just been released, but it's a lot easier to just buy them from the stall than do all the internet order / postage and packaging / etc).

Dandontdare

Quote from: sheridan on 25 January, 2019, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 January, 2019, 08:32:54 AM

Wow!  I had no idea they were both the same guy!

Neither did I till Lawgiver - I told him how cool it was and we chatted about other imaginative cosplayers, and when I mentioned Hewligan, he said, "yeah, that was me" - photo evidence here: https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=43731.msg945723#msg945723
Iz McAuliffe wanted to claim the synthetti puppet that night when he said he didn't want to keep it - wonder if she ever managed to get it back on the train?  :lol:

Andy Lambert

Here's a few more shots of the puppet...

Can't wait to see what he comes up with this year..!

ZenArcade

Sheridan, we'll have all five issues over. Z

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 26 January, 2019, 07:56:09 PM
Sheridan, we'll have all five issues over. Z

Cool (I read the first three on the journey home from last year's LG).

ZenArcade

Sheridan, hope you liked em as much as we love doing them. Issue four is our best yet. Z

Mardroid

Booked! Not the first comic convention I've been to, but the others were relatively local.

Technically it's not the first 2000ad specific one I've been to either as I did go to the 2000ad anniversary event a couple of years back, but I didn't see much of the main event itself. Money was tighter back then, but I had a free pass to the Strontium Dog fanfilm as I had a couple small roles In it. They were wrapping up the main event by that point. (I guess I could have come earlier but I didn't want to take liberties by gatecrashing the main thing.)

Stayed for the follow up film and drinks in the bar later though. It was nice, but it will be good to experience a real Dredd/2000ad convention!

I'd best book a hotel next, I guess!