Main Menu

pointless trivia, not for the anally retentive at all

Started by almighty mat, 27 April, 2002, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighty mat

Can anyone remember if the Angel family are alive these days? I know they popped up briefly in The Three Amigo's in the megazine a few years back, and there was that strip where they shared a cell with the devil and a naked Dredd gave them a good kicking-but have they been killed off since?
 cheers, Mat

paulvonscott

I'd like to know too.  Personally I'm sick of the lot of them, by rights they should all be dead you know.

Besides I'm a Fink man myself.

Now where's me pizen?

Thread Zero

John Wagner brought Pa and Junior Angel back to life in his worst ever story 'The Awakening Of Angels' Prog 958.

John rewrote his own history by changing fact. In The Judge Child, Pa And Junior fell into the lava. In the new story they were caught in nets by some mutant type people and saved.

Trust me this was John's worst moment.

So he decided to ignore that so called story and leave them dead instead.

scojo

W. R. Logan

>John Wagner brought Pa and Junior Angel back to life in his worst ever story 'The Awakening Of Angels' Prog 958.
>John rewrote his own history by changing fact. In The Judge Child, Pa And Junior fell into the lava. In the new story they were caught in nets by some mutant type people and saved.
>Trust me this was John's worst moment.

You'd get no argument from John on that. I think there may have been some outside influence on bringing back the Angel Gang.

>So he decided to ignore that so called story and leave them dead instead.

Yup, and I hope they stay dead or at least the have them killed off and finally laid to rest.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/thumbnails/160thumb.jpg">

paulvonscott

It was always a problem them Wagner et all would create some great characters, then Dredd shoots them and thats it.  Oh.

One of the reasons he created Judge Death wasn't it?

Thread Zero

I guess the only way to bring 'em back is via a time job number.

But John did that with a Mean story where he went back in time and met himself and the rest of the family.

And of course John did the same with Judge Death in Dead Reckoning. Progs 1000 - 1006.

I think the fact the Angel gang were killed in Judge Child is one of the reasons it's a classic story. I think it was better and more realistic that Dredd killed them, rather than endless reappearances down the years.

The scene where Dredd kills Junior Angel is classic.

Go find that scene and read it NOW. It is up there with "Gaze into the fist of Dredd!"

scojo in nostalgic mood

Trout

Spot on!

It wasn't until I read this thread that I realised how happy I was not to have seen the Angels for a long time.

I got really sick of seeing Mean pop up every five minutes, in place of some sort of original idea.

The real warning sign came as even Chinface himself started pointing out Mean's regular appearances: "Who let him out this time?" And some idiot social worker would get arrested.

The whole saved-by-nets-and-lava-men thing was just astonishingly bad.

Let's never speak of this again.

MikeD