Main Menu

The Belfast 2000AD Discussion Group, so it is......

Started by judgerussell, 14 December, 2014, 10:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeOiNK!

For three of us the 'day' ended a bit later, after dinner... later still for Judge Russell and myself.  A good day all round, even if I still say we should've stayed put at Wetherspoons to enjoy the... company... Jack!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

judgerussell

judgerussell

That's right! I forgot about 'The Company".
They were very good looking, but I'd just put my coat on when they sat down. I didn't want to seem like a desperate man. (Which I very much am)

JudgeOiNK!

I think they'd caught on as we both kind of... paused.... before leaving.   :lol:  Maybe they would've thought it cute if we had, or more likely maybe would've moved tables instead!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

judgerussell

Borag Thung, and What About Ye!?

Last month's meeting was good fun. We raised a toast to the end of American Reaper (Thank Grud that's over!) and discussed the possible endings for Dredd.
Will he die in a blaze of glory, or trip over a step and bump his head? Who knows! (Well, John Wagner probably does).

We moved on to Wetherspoons for the football, and were secretly hoping for a few jet-packs to be brought out, and a game of Aeroball to begin.

Then it was on to Filthy McNasty's for a quick pint under a patio heater, while being drizzled on.

We wrapped it up and discussed the plans for next month. We have noticed there are a few Bangor Squaxx who have liked the Facebook page, so we are thinking on a change in location, to try and draw them in. Possibly Bangor, maybe Newtownards. More details will follow.

Until next month,

Slundig Vur Thrig!

judgerussell

Next meeting decisions.........

I'm thinking a trip to Newtownards?

Who's up for it?

judgerussell

This month's meeting will be in Newtownards, at the Wetherspoons.

Roll call will be taken at 2pm sharp.

See you all there!!

Mikey

Piss! I keep forgetting about this! Did you make it to Ards?

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

judgerussell

I made it to ards, but nobody else did, lol.

The next meeting is on the evening of Friday 31 July, at the QFT.

They will be showing Future Shock, the 2000AD documentary.

Book your tickets now!!

ZenArcade

Me and a few of the lads are deff gonna be there. We could have a few scoops in Laverys before and after. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

judgerussell

That sounds like a plan, although, I will be driving.
I will be bring some old progs for people to carefully look at, from a distance, with gloves on, behind bullet proof glass.

Mikey

Glad you made it out of Ards ok...I'm kinda stuck there there!

Was just about to post about the Futureshock screening - with any luck, I'll be there.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ZenArcade

Hope some of the guys wear their Judge uniforms??? Z

ZenArcade

judgerussell

The next meeting of the Belfast 2000AD Discussion Group will be on Friday, 31st July.

It is set to coincide with the screening of Future Shock, the 2000AD documentary, being shown at the Queen's Film Theatre.

We will be meeting at The Parlour Bar at 7pm for a few pre-show beverages, so please come along to say hi.

Attendance is mandatory. No excuses allowed. Thrill suckers will be set upon any who cannot make it, (especially you James McBride. Sitting there. Sunning yourself on holiday. Drinking beer and having fun!)

There may also be a special guest...... Who knows??!!!!

Check out the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/events/898520656850070/