Main Menu

Prog 1403 - Dogs at War

Started by petemaskreplica, 16 August, 2004, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I thought it was funny how bad and obviously made up on the spur of the moment Dredd's speech was.  It almost didn't matter what he said, in fact the stranger the better as the creeps start trying to work out what the hell he's saying.

Good prog again.

Mr C

DavidXBrunt

You subbing again then Paul?

Yeah, good prog. The nagging suspicion that we're not getting anywhere with A.B.C.'s aside this is a quality prog. Only a DroidLife and a lettercol could have made this even better than it was.

Dudley

Dudley

In order from best to least good:

1) Caballistics
2) The first time I saw Star Wars
3) BBC 1-pager thingy
4) Red Dwarf
5) Bec n Kawl
6) ABC Warriors
7) Doing tax returns
8) Dredd
9) A small piece of carpet fluff infested with fleas.
10) Strontium Dog.

Bolt-01

Dudley, you are so wrong there.

I'll have to convince you of the beauty of the strip when next we meet....

Bolt-01

Dudley

What, Strontium Dog?  No need.
Or The Headly Foot Job?  No chance.

GermanAndy

No Droid Life again?

Dredd: so-so tale, but great art.

Caballistics: pure genious. I realize that this trip through british horror movies might not be everyones cup of tea, but I absolutly love it. from the Rue Morgue to ahem, Quinterman, great! A pity that this film - ot the others - never got made *fg

Bec&Kawl: on the other hand, this is still a waste of my time. I never found this funny and still don?t.

ABC Warriors: another group I can?t relate too, but Flint on the art, what?s not to like?

Stront: funny. Not the greatest tale in the world, but still fun.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Bico

Hooray for Lobster Doug!

Good prog all round, and the constant references in Cabalistics to Quatermass are welcome.  Although I argue that Kneale was never 'dry', just prone to keeping the melodrama 'till last, while cranking up a sense of creeping menace throughout the script.  I was right, too, this Cabs inc tale IS a reworking of that movie 'Waxworks', which was a good show, even though it had him out of Gremlins in it.

Thought the Dredd speech about the cards was a bit strained, though.

Mr D

If the card speech had been in a Mills story, it would have been f*cking ripped to shreds!!

Not enjoying Dredd. Enjoying Bek and KAwl a lot. Enjoying Cabs even more. Enjoying the ABCs. Not enjoyed Stront much though...

Satanist

Decent prog.
Dredd was alright
Cab Inc is Ace
B&K can f#ck right off
ABC Are the shadow warriors waiting on them dying of old age?Great art though
S.Dog was quite funny but I'd now like to see a story with a bit more meat.

Good but not Great.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Amstor Computer

"If the card speech had been in a Mills story, it would have been f*cking ripped to shreds!!"

...probably because Mills would have written it straight.

philt

so another one Dredd? sorry what was it about again?
Caballistics - top
Bec and Kawl - utter shit. Stop it it's hurting my eyes.
Abc Warriors - already looking foward to Book III of the Khronicles of Nothing Happening
Strontium Dog - Nice art
that thing on the back page - what Blue Peter competition did that win??

27 years (not missing one single issue) and I think I'm closer to stopping buying it than I've been.  

The Amstor Computer

You're closer to stopping buying *now*? I went through the Ennis/Morrison/Millar years, and the great Alan Mackenzie fuck-up that was most of the 90s without dropping the comic, but I was sorely tempted. It was only John Wagner's return to Dredd that kept me interested.

I can understand not liking some of the current lineup, but I can't see how you could think that 2000AD now is worse than it was then.