Main Menu

New Dr. Who Thingy

Started by Byron Virgo, 18 September, 2004, 10:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

I don't know if anyone is interested in this (although, given the nature of the board, it's a fairly safe bet), but I read today that apparently the Daleks, previously not being used in the series due to dispute with Terry Nation's estate, are now going to be in the new Russel T. Davies/Christopher Eccleston series.

Apparently one old style Dalek turns up in the eigth episode, where it's the secret monster mysteriously killing all these people, unseen, on a space station, ala Alien.

Then newly redesigned Daleks turn up in the twelth episode, and apparently they look like spiders, or something.

Mr C

How can a Dalek mysteriously kill people?
"EX-TER-MINATE!!" is hardly stealthy.
Plus, I' like to see how a Dalek would get into an airduct!

SiriusB

Loving the daleks, I strongly think they should not be in this upcoming one. They belong to an era when getting up and down stairs was a problem.

Can anyone remember the Doctor Who special?
Ex-sper-min-ate, Ex-sper-min-ate!
White Wee-wee, White wee-wee

ARRISARRIS

...personnaly i love Doctor Who, and wish the new production team all the best luck in the world, because if they dont pull it of im afraid D.W. will be dead and buried, but i get this feeling this 13 part series will be a most brillant and hopefully the strangest piece of t.v we will get to see for along time from a british production company, never mind it being the B.B.C...

Mr C

...Cances are though, that it'll end up as another Randall and Hopkirk.

SiriusB

Ecclestone will be great. He has the voice and stature to carry it - will it spawn another generation of kids getting their scarves stuck in bike pedals and strangling themselves? By all accounts Billy P isn't too bad either.

Well worth a watch is the Oh Mummy extra on Pyramids from Mars dvd..

... just leave the daleks where they are!

Floyd-the-k

stealth daleks, old style daleks, they`re always fun

yours hoping he`s forgotten this thread by the time he sees the mysterious alien style monster

therev

You know those crappy "Survival handbooks" which tell you how to say roll a car or cut down a redwood wirh a toothpick well a couple of years ago they brought one out for Daleks.
It's VERY funny in places.

Floyd-the-k

therev, you should share this wisdom here.
  If the daleks are going to be sneaky, I hope they`ll get some amusing tip toes to walk on, accompanied by the `tippy tippy` noise from `Wacky Races`

yours kind of dreading any attempts to make Daleks actually frightening

Quirkafleeg

>yours kind of dreading any attempts to make Daleks actually frightening

What! They already shit me up!