Main Menu

SPOILERS - Cab surprise

Started by Dudley, 23 September, 2004, 02:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

This refers to the latest & last Caballistics episode, so look away if you don't want to know the final score:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

a) Can anyone with a degree in Cthuluology tell me anything about the symbols behind Ravne?

b) Does anyone else have the feeling that Caballistics will eventually finish (finish for good, that is)with a Twin Peaks style twist that'll just leave us all scratching our heads and asking what the hell hust happened?

c) Does Nessy have a point?

opaque

Does any of it have a point?
Cabalistics in general kind of leaves me dead.

Phuz

I know bugger all about Cthuluology, but I do know that symbol is the Kabbalah tree of life.

Cheers
---JohnK.

Phuz

http://emeagwali.com/speeches/immortality/Qabbalah-Tree-of-Life.jpg">

Dudley

Phuz

Basically it functions as a spiritual organizer that contains the entire cosmos in one diagram ? the universe and the mind/soul. It can be used for mediation, contemplation, and divination, as well as to organize, integrate and make sense of all the events, circumstances and ephemera of every person?s life. It?s sort of a roadmap of spiritual development. Just look up ?Kabbalah? if you want to find out more.

Cheers
---JohnK.

The Amstor Computer

I'm still working on the final notes for this episode of Caballistics, but here are a couple of points:

Like The Phuz says, the main symbol in the final panel is the Kabbalah Tree of Life - the Sephiroth. The image to the right of the Sephiroth is an ankh, the Egyptian hieroglyphic character meaning "life". I'm not sure what the symbol below that is, but it seems to be an inverted cross. I'm unsure of the relevance, beyond the obvious satanic connotations, and I'm not sure what the characters on the cross mean.

The text above the Sephiroth reads "Nuit - Hadit - Ra Hoor Khuit". These are, I believe, names of deities from Aleister Crowley's The Book of the Law, and they are basically Crowley's adaptations of the Egyptian deities Nut, Horus and an alternative name for Ra, Ra-Horakhty.

I'm not sure what relevance they have here, except that they're invocations used in one of the rituals described in the Book of the Law - the Ritual of the Mark of the Beast. I'm not entirely sure what this ritual is meant to accomplish, beyond what Crowley says: "an incantation proper to invoke the Energies of the Aeon of Horus". Maybe someone who has more in-depth knowledge could clear this up?

Mr C

Dud, you're opening up a whole can of worms with asking what Cabbalism is. I'd look it up on the net and try to bear in mind that it's all allegory and metaphor.
Any Q's, mail me.

VampiraJen

the main symbol in the final panel is the Kabbalah Tree of Life - the Sephiroth.

if i don't do this, someone else will (and i'd rather it was me...........)

SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link: http://biphome.spray.se/indish/analys4.htm" target="_blank">apparently, it's not coincidence

http://www.signifier.co.uk/proudclodsff7heaven/images/57.jpg">

Max Kon

yellow text on a white background, how clever

VampiraJen

well, if you'd be patient, it goes blue.....

Trout

For a very, very full guide, read Alan Moore's Promethea.

Although, admittedly, I've read it twice and still have no idea what he's on about. :-)

- Trout

Smiley

the symbols behind Ravne

Just copying any old rubbish off Tarot cards and record sleeves?

Does Nessy have a point?

Possibly once the team realises it has become two complimentary yet irreconcilable factions, flipsides of stubborn good and misguided evil who must FIGHT! Brain against brain, brawn versus brawn, babe against babe etc etc (gawd, I hope not.)

Bico

Typical zionist conspiracy from the man Rennie.  They probably bought him off with booze and Irn Bru, the WHOOORE!

judgejampot

Well, it's certainly growing on me, that story, probably one of my favorites in tooth at the mo.

I do have my own theories as to the ending, but i'll keep quiet for now!