Main Menu

The Great Dante Readthrough Podcast

Started by Simon Fraser, 26 February, 2021, 06:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

That's great, thanks Edie! That'll be my work-listen for today.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bad Andy

Quote from: Illyana on 10 March, 2021, 04:34:55 PM
Episode 4 is up!

https://simon-fraser-asa6.squarespace.com/tgdrpodcast

I've added some art to each of the blog posts on Simon's website so you can follow along some as we talk.

I always thought it was a bit odd that he was boozing with Arkady, but he is young so just shrugged it off.

Maybe Andreas was already barred from that region and used his Crest to take over Arkady's body (as we know it's compatible but vulnerable without his own Crest).

In fact perhaps Andreas offered to 'lend' his crest to Arkady to cheer him up, only to use it to double cross him and joyride his body on a three day bender. 

Barrington Boots

In these lockdown times, this is becoming a highlight of my week.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Illyana

Hello Friends! Happy St. Patrick's Day. Is that a thing in Britain? It sure is here in America. We're weird about day drinking here so St. Patrick's Day is when we let ourselves go. It's also Wednesday so that means a new episode of The Great Dante Readthrough.

http://simonfraser.net/tgdrpodcast/2021/3/17/ep-5-the-gulag-apocalyptic

if that doesn't work for some reason (we had trouble with it last week) try this:

https://simon-fraser-asa6.squarespace.com/tgdrpodcast

if you like what we're doing, make sure to subscribe and tell a friend who might be interested in 2000AD content.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, Edie!  Happy Paddy's Day* - it's definitely a thing here in Ireland  ;).  Not so much this year, of course, but I have a day off. 

Looking forward to the newest podcast - I'll save it for work tomorrow, I think. 

*Nobody this side of the Atlantic calls it 'Patty's'  :P
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Illyana

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 March, 2021, 02:20:54 PM
Thanks, Edie!  Happy Paddy's Day* - it's definitely a thing here in Ireland  ;).  Not so much this year, of course, but I have a day off. 

Looking forward to the newest podcast - I'll save it for work tomorrow, I think. 

*Nobody this side of the Atlantic calls it 'Patty's'  :P

This Irish American would NEVER call it "Patty's" day. For SHAME! My people hail from County Cork, near Skibbereen  :D Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoy.

JayzusB.Christ

Aha! My apologies  :)  Will definitely keep listening; thanks for doing them!

Illyana

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 March, 2021, 04:15:15 PM

No need for apologies at all! Just making sure you knew that this Nugent isn't making her ancestors roll in their graves :)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Illyana on 17 March, 2021, 04:21:07 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 March, 2021, 04:15:15 PM

No need for apologies at all! Just making sure you knew that this Nugent isn't making her ancestors roll in their graves :)

😀 Fair play, should have guessed from the surname you were one of our own

Illyana

New episode is up!

http://simonfraser.net/tgdrpodcast/2021/3/23/ryqh9cffpuv1fwo9ugjp1rlgefp68s

Simon and Edie readthrough "The Trouble with Arbatovs" and "Cruel Britannia" and discuss: natural Arbatov selection, Shooty McGunwagons, regal rings, attack hot tubs, and the new British national anthem.

Colin YNWA

Hold on, HHHOOOOLLLLLDDDDD ON - when did Episode 5 come out... when did this become another Podcast I'm behind on.

Damnit... still lots of ironing to do this weekend. Ironing is good podcast time...

Illyana

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 March, 2021, 01:27:38 PM
Hold on, HHHOOOOLLLLLDDDDD ON - when did Episode 5 come out... when did this become another Podcast I'm behind on.

Damnit... still lots of ironing to do this weekend. Ironing is good podcast time...

You missed my post above from last week, we come out on Wednesdays. And don't worry about being behind. We're here for you when you have time.

JayzusB.Christ

Well, that was today's work listen. Great stuff as usual. Aiso, glad I'm not alone in thinking that Cruel Britannia was a dark story that showed a very nasty side to Dante's character! Rogue he may be, but there was nothing lovable about sexually harassing a woman by way of framing her and getting her locked up.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 March, 2021, 10:43:01 PM
Rogue he may be, but there was nothing lovable about sexually harassing a woman by way of framing her and getting her locked up.

Hey, the 2670s were a different time.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 March, 2021, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 March, 2021, 10:43:01 PM
Rogue he may be, but there was nothing lovable about sexually harassing a woman by way of framing her and getting her locked up.

Hey, the 2670s were a different time.

Headline: Dante cancelled.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++