Main Menu

Dangling Dredd Threads...

Started by Pete Wells, 07 May, 2007, 11:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

So now that Origins is done, can someone remind me what Dredd threads are currently dangling in Dredd's universe. From the top of my head there's:

Origins Fallout - Discussed in detail elsewhere.
Edgar - still stewing in the Cursed Earth.
Kazan - Horrible little sov working for Hershey.
Hit woman thingy - Sexy Ian Gibson Hit woman(?) who's due a return scrap with Dredd.
Domino - Can't quite remember what happened with this black ops lady. Is it wrapped up?

Any more?

Keef Monkey

There was that "Sanctuary(?)" story where the werewolf thing attacked the guy in the booth and then escaped to a church where he seemed to be looked after by a priest. That seemed at the time like it was something that would pop up later but so far hasn't.

TordelBack

What about:  when and how will Rico II go bad?  

If popular SF has taught us anything (and I'm not sure it has), it's that Names Matter, and indeed Maketh the Man.  Exhibit A:  this week's Dr. Who.  Exhibit B:  Dr. Otto Octavious.  Exhibit C: Rogue,  Gunnar, Helm, Bagman, Major Magnum and the short-lived Sammy.    I rest my case.  

It's only a matter of time.

The Adventurer

I think Rico will stay "good" for the opposite expectation value. It's Dolman you should watchout for. Speaking of Dolman, there's a character I wouldn't mind seeing again. "Civilian Dredd" has some legs I think.

I'm really wondering were the end of Regime Change is leading, because that seems fairly big. Though it is a Rennie plot, so who knows how deep it goes in terms of Dreddworld ramifications. Could be the first signs of the fall of Chief Judge Hershey.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

Vienna's sov-hitman-baby? What happened to that?
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

Maybe the Starborn Thing was just a scout?  Or...the amount of times the dark judges have escaped from escape-proof captivity - surely it's about time the Starborn Thing made a break for freedom...in the North-West Hab Zone.

---

Mega-City Two.  Is it there or not?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smiley

it's about time the Starborn Thing made a break for freedom

You'd think they'd have offed that bugger as being far too dangerous. Straight on to the dissection table. Another Starborn Thing turned up again in Meatmonger IIRC.

There was that Lawless fellah in the story of the same name that Anderson came up against. Don't remember if that one was resolved or was ever meant to be.

I, Cosh

The House of Pain.
That "hotshot" cadet from the Meg who likes kiling people.
America & Dolman.
Judge Karyn.
We never really die.

Bart Oliver

Was reading this in the tub this am:

Alan Grant and Dave Taylor's How To Succeed In Bizness (Without Getting Caught).

SPOILERette-

Perp with light bending suit and mono wire trashes Little Venice.

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/megazine/mediumres/223.jpg">
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Mangamax

Me, i say the adventures of Prager the Judgewolf in the Undercity:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Mangamax/outoftheundercity4_6.jpg">
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

[YT-2]

>it's about time the Starborn Thing made a break for freedom

As the starborn thing was 'Dredd's' baby i think it should have been inducted in to the academy as soon as possible.
http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/313.jpg">

I, Cosh

As the starborn thing was 'Dredd's' baby i think it should have been inducted in to the academy as soon as possible.

An excellent point, does it count for the "Bloodline" stories?
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

"As the starborn thing was 'Dredd's' baby i think it should have been inducted in to the academy as soon as possible. "

Wow, a new character....Judge Thing!

Funt Solo

Be a bit awkward at the Dredd family reunions, I imagine.  Probably wouldn't be long before Judge Thing was sent to Titan (for attempting to gain control of the Chief Judge), then (with his funky new breathing apparatus) took over the prison colony and flew it back to Earth, whereupon his army of Things force Hershey to ride her lawmaster off the West Wall and ... nevermind.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

[YT-2]

>Me, i say the adventures of Prager the Judgewolf in the Undercity

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/rico2074/UNDERCITY.jpg">