Main Menu

Bring Them Back Thargy!

Started by brendan1, 21 June, 2011, 09:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Brigand Doom

Sancho Panzer

Necronauts
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Monarch

Timehouse....nah I kid Canon fodder

Greg M.

Quote from: Emperor on 22 June, 2011, 06:22:04 PM
Necronauts

I'd go for that if it was a completely different cast and set around 20 years later. (After all, the main cast all died in the 1930s anyway.) Necronauts WWII might seem a bit obvious, but I bet there'd be a lot of potential there if it avoided or subverted the obvious ideas.

Emp

Joe Black & Wolfie Smith,(although i may be giving Wolfie too much credit...i was 8 or 9 when i first read em, just remember i enjoyed em.)

Alski

Big E!

Bonjo From Beyond The Stars
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

clavell

Seconding Ace Garp, Hap Hazzard, and Abelard Snazz.

Also, Halo Jones.

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

Spaceghost

I know it's only just finished but...

SHAKARA!!!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dash Decent

Another shout for Abelard Snazz.

I'd also like to see some more old-school original "proper" Rogue Trooper, with a couple of stories running over several progs.  And no supporting characters with really obvious names.

And a tale of Tharg defeating the Thrill Suckers.

And some more Leopard from Lime Street and Sweeny Toddler.  Oh, hang on a minute...
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bolt-01

I'd love there to be a Tharg tale in each end of year prog. However, we all need to be aware that as much as we might like to have our favourite thrills back from when we were young- down that road lies the prog becoming a simple nostalgia fest.

Personally I'm more excited by 3rillers than I thought I would be- simply because it is something that little bit different for TMO to try.

commissioner fargo

SmallBlueThing

Im with Boltypoos, and i'd much prefer tharg to give us new stuff rather than reheat old thrills. And im including stront in that!

However, there's always a place for the ocassional resurrection,  if done well (like flesh) and id go for inspector raam. Oh yes.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Thinking about this, ive realised i really, really, reeeaaallly want SHAKO 2. It should be in the style of a quickie 80s sequel (bigger bear, related to the first, more carnage, in a city) and should be painted by john burns OR drawn in black and white, with spot colour, by someone spanish. It should also be quickly followed by SHAKO 3D- an eight week run in the prog with free 3D glasses.
SBT

Colin YNWA

Yeah I echo the call for more Tharg stories.

While normally these things are best left alone when I read it a year or two back I remember really thinking there was more to be done with the world created in 'Tribal Memories'.

Done right and I'm sure its the only way John Smith would do it... well except that last time) Tyranny Rex would always be welcome.

Toni Scandella

Part of me wants another 6 books of Halo Jones, but part of me feels it is already perfect as it stands.

That in mind, I'd like more Robo Hunter.  Not his grandaughter, not him in retirement, - just Robo Hunter.  By Wagner and Gibson.

Ignatzmonster

I think the question is which character would you not mind seeing return without it's original creative team. I do NOT want to see Halo Jones return without Moore and Gibson. And as happy as I am with the two collections of Ace Trucking sitting on my shelf I don't want Garp back without Grant/Wagner and Bellarnelli, which is impossible with Massimo's passing.

Now Abelard Snazz I think would really work. Ewing I think would be perfect as the script droid (though so would Williams, or Abnett, or Worley who I really liked on Dandridge). Cant decide on the artist but he has to be good at camp and Sci Fi.