Main Menu

I Must Have Been a Good Boy

Started by pwog, 05 January, 2012, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwog

Happy New Year, All!

I must have been  good boy this year. as Santa left all kinds of Thrillness" under the tree. There was Judge Dredd - Complete Case Files 5 & Mandroid, The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks, The Complete Ballad of Halo Jones, Strontium Dog Agency Files 1 and The Complete D.R. & Quinch! It's all so overwhelming  :-\ - where to start? I have read bits of all - this is going to be fun!  :crazy:

-pwog

radiator

Wow that is a great pile of comics. Let us know what you think, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

Devons Daddy

thats a huge haul!! what a way to start a year.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Karl Stephan

Beats a sweater, innit  ;)

I've ordered the same Alan Moore books on the recent web store sale. All keepers!

pwog

I am thrilled to be thrilled. I know it is a bit piggish  :-[ , but oink, oink. Thanks for all the recommendations I got earlier in December.

-Pwog

O Lucky Stevie!

Did you manage to pick up Prog 2012 this week Pwog?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Grey M@a

Didn't do to bad for collected editions myself this Christmas, a few missing from that picture as I got them a few days later but finally got hold of the Restricted Files volumes :D

Large48

for other nice stuff try www.planetreplicas.com  :D
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

pwog

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 06 January, 2012, 03:32:42 AM
Did you manage to pick up Prog 2012 this week Pwog?

O Lucky Stevie - I haven't been able to make it in to pick up my books this week. I'm hoping to get there today or tomorrow. Prog 2012 is supposed to be there waiting for me. I'll let you know.

-Pwog

pwog

Quote from: Grey M@a on 06 January, 2012, 09:45:41 AM
Didn't do to bad for collected editions myself this Christmas, a few missing from that picture as I got them a few days later but finally got hold of the Restricted Files volumes :D

Grey M@a - Good for you! Sure as hell beats a sweater and socks...
-Pwog

Grey M@a

Tempted to try and get all the Case Files but it's at 18 - 19 volumes now and my bank account would break if I was to grab them all xD

Might start with the first few and then grab a few a month from then on. I gather they are starting to go out of print for the earlier ones though.

James Stacey

Quote from: Grey M@a on 06 January, 2012, 02:55:53 PM
Might start with the first few and then grab a few a month from then on. I gather they are starting to go out of print for the earlier ones though.
They do go out of print but RoboKeef has stated that being some of their best sellers they are usually top of the list to get reprints.

Grey M@a

Quote from: James Stacey on 06 January, 2012, 02:57:58 PM
They do go out of print but RoboKeef has stated that being some of their best sellers they are usually top of the list to get reprints.

Thanks for the info :)

pwog

Tempted to try and get all the Case Files but it's at 18 - 19 volumes now and my bank account would break if I was to grab them all xD

Yup - I wanted to do the same, but $$$. I started with #5 per a recommendation from here

Grey M@a

Quote from: pwog on 06 January, 2012, 03:11:59 PM

Yup - I wanted to do the same, but $$$. I started with #5 per a recommendation from here

I got quite a bit in Amazon gift certificates this year so I may snap up a few with those certs and make a start from there. Any gems I should grab first or just work my way through them?