Main Menu

Batman/Judge Dredd crossovers

Started by ElliotJA, 14 January, 2012, 04:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Lee Bates on 20 January, 2012, 11:20:34 AM
Or am I being a pedantic twat?

Not at all - while I suppose I could accept Mortisssss transforming a host (that's his specific power after all), it seems to break one of the few rules we have for the Dark Judges (surely the strangest of which is that their spirit forms are actually a tangible gas), and invalidates some of the best scenes in their other outings.  Let the dead fluidssss flow! 

Also, I hates me the Batman crossovers but good.

ElliotJA

I always thought the Herriman possession was a bit daft. Up until that story, the Dark Judges could inhabit and even influence a living human but they've never been able to actually transform into themselves.

They've always been shown in the past possessing corpses and then putting their uniform, or 'robes of office' as they call them, on (which in itself is a bit silly). Mortis not only transformed a living human but his uniform also magically transformed too.

No, far from it. I was wondering the same thing myself.

ElliotJA

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 January, 2012, 11:42:25 AM

The only one I wasn't really all that keen on was the last one, Die Laughing. I thought the others were fine.

ElliotJA

So can Mortis physically transforming Herriman's body into a replica of his own be reconciled with everything else we know of the Dark Judges?

Also, does anyone else ever wonder if there was a subtle mutual attraction between Anderson and Batman?

radiator

QuoteAlso, does anyone else ever wonder if there was a subtle mutual attraction between Anderson and Batman?

Subtle?

ElliotJA

Bat King

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 January, 2012, 11:42:25 AM

Not at all - while I suppose I could accept Mortisssss transforming a host (that's his specific power after all), it seems to break one of the few rules we have for the Dark Judges (surely the strangest of which is that their spirit forms are actually a tangible gas), and invalidates some of the best scenes in their other outings.  Let the dead fluidssss flow! 

Only just realised Dr Who used the same idea for the Unquiet Dead... The 'spirits' were an actual, tangible gas...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Jared Katooie

TordelBack

Has Batman ever had a female antagonist/sometime ally he hasn't wanted to schtupp?  And has Anderson ever been able to resist those out-of-town bad boys?

ElliotJA

So, how did Mortis transform Herriman's body?

TordelBack

His foetid touch brings decay and, err, horsiness?

vzzbux

Quote from: ElliotJA on 18 February, 2012, 10:53:16 AM
So, how did Mortis transform Herriman's body?
perhaps it's all part of his persona. Even in spirit form he may have the will to transform and warp the matter he possesses.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jared Katooie

That's the way I looked at it.

It wasn't too much of a stretch for me to believe. I actually thought the way his uniform rotted into its dark judge form was pretty clever too.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 18 February, 2012, 08:53:44 PM
It wasn't too much of a stretch for me to believe.

The fact that he has transformative powers anyway (able to rot rockcrete!) certainly makes it at least as plausible as him finding a human/horse-hybrid-but-not-the-centaur-kind every time he needs a new body.

Unless Deadworld is actually the dark future of Second City Blues...

TordelBack

...And after 30 years I've only just this minute realised that Mortis' head is a sheep, not a horse.  And I, ladies and gentlemen, have identified animal bones for money.  Amazing how preconceptions can blind you.