Main Menu

The Matrix Who acutally likes it?

Started by Agrivar, 07 November, 2003, 06:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I didn't mind the second one, but the third one ruins it because you know all the stuff that's building up in 2, really goes nowhere at the end of the day.

The more time I put between me and the cinema, the more embarressing it seems.

Art

The whole thing would probably work better as a TV minisries or west-end musical...

Darryl

Well, now ive seen it, I must say that my fears about this being yet another case of diminishing returns is true - this is shite of the highest order. Maybe we're spoiled now with LOTR and other genre films that bother to tell a damn good story (dog soldiers anyone?) as well as have action.  Even the set pieces were same ole same ole. Found myself bored about 30 minutes in and nothing, not even the S n M club piqued my interest!

out of ten? 3 at most.

fred

Well, i enjoyed it. But there again I did see it for free at the IMAX. And I haven't seen the second one.
I'll put my enjoyment and amazement down to the fact that the IMAX screen is a high as 5 double decker buses, and wider still. When you look at the centre of the screen, you can't see the edges. Your vision is completely swamped with the image, totally enveloped. It's like being within the image. Totally awesome. If anyone is in London, or gets the chance, you simply must go and see a film at the IMAX. It's an experience not to be missed.

fred

Link: http://www.bfi.org.uk/showing/imax/

Queen Firey-Bou

sigh, funnily enough my juve14 watched reloaded after me, & made the same critique that lots of yous did, so i can no longer claim lack of film watching in the backwoods as my defense.

i just must have my suspend disbelief settings set too high, hang on , the saturation's too bright, the emotional resonse unit way too sensitive, the visual focus receptors wavering & the cognitive comprehension levels are next to nothing, & the spellings terrible ! "OY brain mech's I need an overhaul"

stront692

love the whole trilogy - love it - love it - love it

Quirkafleeg

Worse Film EVAH!!!

Had me wanting to fly to American and beat up the brothers W...

OK the squid attack was quite impressive but...

Spoiler...

Then you find out it was a total waste of time and loss of life because they had a better place to defend from at the enterence to the temple thing...! Arrrrghhh!

I could go on and on on how stupid this movie was but I feel the red mist coming on... Burn Hollywood! Burn!

test 4 echo

good news...got package from tharg, seems i won a dvd of equibrium on one of the site comps...yayyy

bad news...there is a cover sticker that says "if you loved the matrix, this is a must"...bollox

i hated the matrix, hated it with a capital shite. guess that makes this a must not movie then.

Bony Fella

It's a must-not movie no matter how you feel about the Matrix. Two good fight sequences in it, though unbelievable... the rest is dire

stront692

the original was a bit pessimistic but other than that i thought it was top notch

reminds me a lot of 'mad uncle' too though

am going to get the collected dvd when all 3 are released