Main Menu

TTTXT recommends - D.C. Showcase.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 14 October, 2005, 06:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Again, no-one will give a damn but if you haven't seen the new Showcase books from D.C. then I heartily recommend you check it out. They are essentially D.C.'s answer to Marvels Essential books. Thick, phone book sized, cheap reprints.

Currently you can get Superman with 2 years of adventure and the first couple of years of Green Lantern. Both are reduced to ?7 for promotional purposes and at that price they are a real bargain. There's also Metamorpho for ?11 which is possibly even more fun.

Comics anyone can read and enjoy and coming soon - Jonah Hex.

Wils

Bought the Green Lantern one from FP yesterday for the princely sum of ?6.99 (even cheaper on Amazon, though). Fantastic stuff and *stupidly* cheap, although I'm not complaining.

Can't wait to get the Green Arrow one. :)

The Amstor Computer

Looks promising. What's the print quality like? Is it much the same as the Essentials range - b&w linework on bog paper - or is there a difference?

Wils

The reproduction's better than the Marvel ones, IMO, and although obviously not top grade stuff, the paper stock's not exactly bog roll.

Cait's got a loads of the Marvel Essentials and I've found that the reproduction/paper combo can make reading them a bit hard going. Not so with my Green Lantern one, though. :)

The Amstor Computer

Sounds good. Cheers for the info, Wils - I'll be popping the Green Lantern & Superman collections on my shopping list.

The Adventurer

I'll be getting Jonah Hex and House of Mystery.  I generaly don't like Siverage Superheroes, so they'll go great with my Marvel Essentials, Killraven, Howard the Duck, Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night,   and the Frankenstien Monster.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK