Main Menu

Hello, Olympic Hindsight

Started by atp, 27 August, 2012, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atp

As a newbie Just thought I'd say hello, sooo  Hello.
Now I realize this is a tad late, but with hindsight I thought that Old stony face should have polished his lawmaster and done a lap around the Olympic ring road during the opening/closing ceremony.  Come to think of it a nod towards Doctor Who and a couple of Daleks wouldn't have been a bad idea. I know Dredd is an American character but all of the aforementioned are Iconic British creations. That are making headway into global awareness, and should have been proudly shown off as such.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Pete Wells

Welcome ATP, cracking first post sir. I couldn't agree more.

COMMANDO FORCES

I've patrolled around the the Olympic park in my Manta Prowl Tank many a time ;)

By the way, Welcome aboard :wave:

Colin YNWA

All Tomorrow's Parties, or Association of Tennis professionals?

Either way have fun and welcome aboard.

(Doctor Who got a tiny nob with a tardis noise when the house appeared)

Steve Green

There's only so much you can get in there, I think Who was noticable by its absence, as were any nods to British comedy let alone comics in the opening ceremony. They could have cut that social networking bit in half and added a bit more variety.

I saw a clip of Danny Boyle talking about what he considered, mentioning the Clangers which would go over the head of an international audience.

The trademark enforcers and residential block mounted missiles did Justice Department proud. Old Joe was there in spirit at least.

Proudhuff

Nice idea, I'd add the spaceship from Life of Brian swooping down to catch the torch carrier, oh and welcome (All Tall People?)
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 27 August, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
Doctor Who got a tiny nob

That's a vicious rumour!

If Dredd had been at the opening ceremony, Russell Brand would currently be doing 20 years for crimes against music. Welcome aboard ATP (After tax profit? Air transport pilot? Automatic train protection?)

SmallBlueThing

Anti-Tank Poo? And welcome! Yes, they missed a lot out of the opening and closing ceremonies that i would have done- and instead gave us bloody Queen, and George Michael doing some guff that nobody knows. But what do you expect, seeing as the 'names' who put it together?

But yes, welcome and hi!

SBT

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 August, 2012, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 27 August, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
Doctor Who got a tiny nob

That's a vicious rumour!

HA! One of my better typos! Kinda reminds me of my Tranny [sic] Rex entry into the art comp sometime back...

...still welcome aboard by the way.

atp

Thanks for the greets. I've been lurking around for a while and it struck me that Tharg The Mighty One (prostrate my unworthy self at the mere mention of his name) might feel that new members should enter into the 2000AD spirit of things by starting with  "Borag Thungg" when introducing themselves. I have of course beaten myself to within an inch of deaths door for failing to do this in my own first post.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory